Name & Address in GPS

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
2021 CX5 GTR. Feel very foolish but, I have put in the addresses of several of my friends into the vehicles GPS Nav system. I can't figure out how to add Names to the addresses. Was easy with my old Garmin but, unable to find a clue with my new system. Help Ed

Solution
If your addresses are added to your favorites it’s easy. Just hit your favorite button to the right of the control knob on your console. You should see all the music stations and NAV addresses you have saved as favorites. Simply move the control knob CK to the right and highlight edit and push the CK once. On the next screen there should be a selection to rename the favorite. It will take you to the oval alphabet/number screen to key enter your new name. You may have to delete whatever may be in the name field. If you get confused it’s okay because some of the screens are confusing.
I usually enter the name/address in my Apple Contacts via my iPhone or iPad. I then load the contact info into Maps by selecting the contacts address...
If your addresses are added to your favorites it’s easy. Just hit your favorite button to the right of the control knob on your console. You should see all the music stations and NAV addresses you have saved as favorites. Simply move the control knob CK to the right and highlight edit and push the CK once. On the next screen there should be a selection to rename the favorite. It will take you to the oval alphabet/number screen to key enter your new name. You may have to delete whatever may be in the name field. If you get confused it’s okay because some of the screens are confusing.
I usually enter the name/address in my Apple Contacts via my iPhone or iPad. I then load the contact info into Maps by selecting the contacts address and share it with the “MyMazda” app which allows me to save the name/address as a favorite. The MyMazda app is the one you can use to start your car, lock and unlock the doors etc. I then use the MyMazda app to send the contact information to my onboard Mazda navigation. Sounds complicated but takes like 45 seconds or less. Next time I start my car, the navigation information is there. For addresses I want to keep, I then save them as a favorite in the onboard NAV system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
It is a pain in the rear compared to a touch screen system. Ed
Yeah, that’s why I send the contact name/address from my Apple iPhone Contacts via the MyMazda App., vs trying to update the information on the onboard NAV screens. Believe it or not, the new oval input screen is better than the old touch screen interface.

Upvote 0
I followed your instructions and was able to get the name in but, couldn't get it to save the name and address. you may have left the last step out which I needed, I guess. Ed

Upvote 0
Ed, after you entered your information did you hit the check Mark ✅ symbol which is Mazda’s enter key? Hopefully this is the missing step. Sorry I forgot to mention that as I don’t update addresses and favorite names from the on-board navigation screens. I typically send that information to my CX5 via the MyMazda app. Let me know if that solves your problem.

Attachments

• 0B60423E-2745-484B-BA31-358B88BD509D.jpeg
    0B60423E-2745-484B-BA31-358B88BD509D.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 1
Back