My turn to do something stupid.

Replica

SHARP TOOTH!
:
Mazda2 Touring
I was checking my oil last night and forgot to put the oil cap back on and have been driving the last day and a half without it. I didn't lose much oil, but it still managed to make a mess under the hood. Damnit...

did that after changing the oil. was out drivng and wondered "why is smoke coming from under my hood?"

went to a diy carwash and used the engine degrreaser and all was well.
or you can spray simplegreen on everything then spray it off with a normal water hose.

eh, its an honest mistake. it would be different if you did something really stupid from not knowing any better.

Think of it this way...
It's better than leaving the drain plug loose.

I saw a shop do that once to one of my friends car. They ended up having to buy him a new motor.

havent done that b4 but definatly dumb some stupid things. i always try to double check s*** b4 i am finished working just to make sure.

Replica said:
I was checking my oil last night and forgot to put the oil cap back on and have been driving the last day and a half without it. I didn't lose much oil, but it still managed to make a mess under the hood. Damnit...
I did this to and oil went every where, that is what i got for not paying attention!(second)

Dumb things are really smart things that are turned upside down.

If that makes any sense to anyone anyways.

lol I did this with my honduh. First oil change with the B16A greddy set up and went out saw smoke pulled over and the oil cap was chillen under the hood not on. I felt like such a dumb s*** but now I make sure everything is on, its how you learn.

i leave screwdrivers under the hood more than nething, man there is like always a screwdriver under the hood ofmy 240... or a socket wrench... its like it blends in with the motor and i cant ever see it or somthing lol

Matthew said:
ive done enough dumb s*** to last a lifetime so dont feel bad.
and while his might have been mechanically, I was dumb anough to try some rally driving with open MAF! Now tell me YOU don't feel better. Oh yeah, the car still purrs like it never happened..for now anyways (boom03)

When I put a subwoofer under the seat of my subaru, I left a screwdriver on my seat. The next day when I re-upholstered the seats (busy weekend) I put the leather over the screwdriver. I had no idea what happened until I took off the leather that summer.

SkinnyJoint said:
i leave screwdrivers under the hood more than nething, man there is like always a screwdriver under the hood ofmy 240... or a socket wrench... its like it blends in with the motor and i cant ever see it or somthing lol
I've done this. Tools + Poor Eyesight > me

I work in an install bay so I see dumb s*** all the time. Both customers and those of us in the bay. My supervisor forgot to take the chain that goes across the bay opening down and backed a car through it. Its a yellow plastic chain so no damage to the vehicle. I have had a customer come in complaining the speakers they installed themselves didn't work. After checking the speakers they had forgoten to hook up the speakers. When we work on cars we have to inspect them before and after for damage and to make sure everything works. While doing this a gentleman explaind that the dent by the gas tank was his wife trying to pull away from the pump....with the hose still attached to the car. I miss place tools allllll the time. Also I know this is a little off topic but it is funny as hell. Today while doing a remote start install the tech sheet explained to look for the wire in the group of wires going to the BLACK plug labeled WHITE on the ecu in the engine bay. Gotta love GM. LOL!!!

when i first put my MAM kit on, i drove around for a day and a half without the filter on the intake...it was just chilling in the engine bay (hand)

Back