My P5 build thread...

hood looks so much better now! cant wait to do the roof!

19756429_10212233841312926_6549778171531975871_n.jpg

Nice. I feel a Vegas road trip coming on....

I ordered the very first set of custom "DorkiDori Edition Super Low" coilovers from Yellowspeed for my P5... they should be here in two weeks. front AND rear camber plates and 20mm shorter dampers. these things should satiate anyones need for slamming their P5. they are also supposed to send me a set of their standard P5 coilovers so i can get side by side and on vehicle product shots. i will post photos and what not when they arrive. BOTH sets of dampers will be available via my website soon! but yeah, super excited to get these on the car!!! :D

Got my jet hot coated OBX header installed. Has a lot more pep in mid to high end RPMs, can definitely tell the motor is breathing easier. Have a small exhaust leak under the car, but my exhaust piping is rusted to s*** from being a back east car... Gonna get a new secondary cat and mid pipe ordered soon (exhaust flange leaks at the flange to the axleback as well due to metal rot). Exhaust got a bit louder, but its a very bassy exhaust so doesnt bother me at all! Can't wait to get the cams in now!

20046543_10212337141775373_7030871341022966348_n.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the very first set of custom "DorkiDori Edition Super Low" coilovers from Yellowspeed for my P5... they should be here in two weeks. front AND rear camber plates and 20mm shorter dampers. these things should satiate anyones need for slamming their P5. they are also supposed to send me a set of their standard P5 coilovers so i can get side by side and on vehicle product shots. i will post photos and what not when they arrive. BOTH sets of dampers will be available via my website soon! but yeah, super excited to get these on the car!!! :D

website? what website?

cool man. doing some good stuff there. did you notice a loss in low end power with that header?

Last edited:
eh a little bit, but nothing im not use to... i own an S13 with an SR swap on a GT28rs turbo (and have owned SR powered S13s for 15 odd years), so im really use to the power band being much higher in the RPM range. im super excited to get those cams i have installed one day in the near future. from what ive been told they help the motor breathe quite a bit better in higher RPMs, so the new header should compliment them really well!

What's the status on the new wheels? Did you get any rubber mounted yet? (popcorn)

not yet, i will get tires when the new coilovers arrive...

aaaand in regards to the YellowSpeeds. the super low versions will be available AFTER i receive my initial set of standard P5 YellowSpeeds with camber plates. the reason being is the owner of YS US and I need to provide the factory with a detailed report of a few things that has to include photos of exactly what needs to be modified as well as a few exact points. the order has been changed over to a standard set of YS coils for my car with upgraded rear camber plates as of today. i will be documenting a lot of different aspects of the coilovers including photos with measurements and comparisons to the current Godspeed coils on the car.

Sounds like things are heading in the right direction.
Since my son is daily-driving mine, I'm just going to get him some cheap wheels for now, kind of a graduation present.
TZdcXM4l.jpg

Honestly man, stay away from cheap wheels... After the horror photos Ive seen of people daily driving on XXRs over the past 10 years, I stay far far away from fake wheels!

You can get TONS and TONS of amazing condition used JDM wheels off Yahoo Auctions Japan all day long! Id HIGHLY suggest you sign up for a Buyee account and purchase a set of nicely used Works, Volks, Advans etc and just have them shipped over here! The Japanese tend to take MUCH better care of their stuff than most automotive enthusiasts do here in the US. They also dont over price the holy s*** out of their used items either. The set of Advans on my S13 I picked up for roughly $1000 shipped to my door (youd pay roughy $2800-$3000 here in the US for the sizes and condition I found them in). The white Advans Im putting on my Protege were $160. Dont know what shipping was since I had them thrown in a crate with a small mountain of S13 aero parts Im going to be replicating. Shipping on wheels from Japan is usually $300-$500 depending on size and weight. If sent via EMS... they will arrive to you door in 3-4 days TOPS once the vendor ships them out!

that is the truth. My friend bought an imported 98 nissan laurel and that thing is immaculate. it's like even if they aren't into cars, everyone takes care of their cars in japan. side note tho, my konigs have been fine for me for the past 6 years

Honestly man, stay away from cheap wheels... After the horror photos Ive seen of people daily driving on XXRs over the past 10 years, I stay far far away from fake wheels!

You can get TONS and TONS of amazing condition used JDM wheels off Yahoo Auctions Japan all day long! Id HIGHLY suggest you sign up for a Buyee account and purchase a set of nicely used Works, Volks, Advans etc and just have them shipped over here! The Japanese tend to take MUCH better care of their stuff than most automotive enthusiasts do here in the US. They also dont over price the holy s*** out of their used items either. The set of Advans on my S13 I picked up for roughly $1000 shipped to my door (youd pay roughy $2800-$3000 here in the US for the sizes and condition I found them in). The white Advans Im putting on my Protege were $160. Dont know what shipping was since I had them thrown in a crate with a small mountain of S13 aero parts Im going to be replicating. Shipping on wheels from Japan is usually $300-$500 depending on size and weight. If sent via EMS... they will arrive to you door in 3-4 days TOPS once the vendor ships them out!
Sound advice. I'm not looking at putting $1000+ into wheels at the moment, so we may just be upgrading the stereo system and getting some coil-overs instead. The car has over 250k on the odometer, so I'm having a hard time dumping tons of coin into it.

if the motor has 250k on it, outside of making sure the oil stays full and changing timing belts + water pumps every 60k-80k miles... your motor is just fine sir!

Yellowspeed coilovers + ebay adjustable front sway bar links + brand new OE rear sway bar links installed and dialed in... Overall I am VERY impressed with Yellowspeeds coilovers!!! They are a night and day difference in terms of ride quality, build quality, valving and height adjustment versus the Godspeeds I had previously had in the car! If you would like a set, please let me know! The rears arent even at full low... got another 1 1/2 before they touch the rear ebrake bracket!

20729434_10155670700534529_4475625939157949453_n.jpg

Back