My oil results with penzoil 0-20 pure

katman

:
vw jetta tdi
[img=http://s6.postimg.org/4ezqvrhjx/image.jpg]

Not bad for an oil that cost $5. Having trouble with the pic and link but bottom line is that this oil is pretty good. Iron was a little high but that was due to the fact that this was the first oil change (I changed the factory fill with Penzoil 0-20, this is an analysis of that oil after 7800 miles). There was still some break in material in the engine which made the iron level look a little high but Blackstone says it looks good, next time, change oil out after 10,000 miles and see where the levels are. Everything else about this oil (like viscosity and flash ) looks pretty good too.
This oil is both good and cheap! For this change, it was $9 a qt, with a ten dollar rebate and free $10 Bosch filter tossed in. $45-$10-$10= $25, or $5 a qt!
If anyone has a better first oil change oil analysis, post it up!

Last edited:
Picture is really small to see what's written on it. Thanks for the post though.

I'm currently on my 2nd oil (free first oil change by the dealer), but I'm going to use Mazda Moly oil for the next two changes just because I had to spend a voucher, and then use Mobil1 or whatever 0w20 I can get cheap. I actually bought Mobil1 0w20 Extended Performance 5qt jugs from Walmart because they had a good rebate.

Didn't they email you the PDF? You can log into blackstone and download it directly, makes it easier to share.

I work for SOPUS, and enjoyed a free LOF service at a local Jiffy Lube, using the new Pure Plus, GTL derived oil. However, the service wasn't performed on my CX-5.

I have since polished off the remaining Castrol that was on my shelf, and moving the CX-5 to the Pennzoil Platinum PP. I'll be running it in two of my vehicles.
I run Motul in the SHO.

Back