my "mods" from the past 2 months

bermankahns

:
2003 Midnight Blue Protege5
I'll start from the beginning...

2 month ago i got tired of the same old silver and fake carbon interior, so i decided to do a color match on it, it came out ok, but i'll eventually be getting it done by a professional.

then about 3 days later i was feeling that little itch that says... thats not enough, you need to go some more to the car... so i decided to do the vlack valence. i used flat black duplicolor wheel paint. think it came out great, and it has held up very nicely.

then a month went by and i was looking at my car thinking, what would make my car different from any other midnight blue p5 that i happen to see down here (which there are a ton of them) and it hit me. use the paint from the interior match to do the grille. it's a small change, but it makes it look completely diferent, so i did it.

then 2 days ago i did the only thing that is considered and actual mod... i finally got my tires and wheel put on. they are ICW Kobe wheels wrapped in Fuzion ZRI tires (very sticky btw) and they look ok, all it needs now it the drop it'll be getting in 2 weeks.

oh... and somewhere along the way i got my headlight back to clear, after many hours of fighting with them.
so let me know what you think.

That's some clean looking painting you've done there man. I'm impressed with the valance, in particular. I've thought about that, but I didn't know how much it would stand out on the Midnight Blue. Looks good. Those wheels look nice too man. Good job!

That's some clean looking painting you've done there man. I'm impressed with the valance, in particular. I've thought about that, but I didn't know how much it would stand out on the Midnight Blue. Looks good. Those wheels look nice too man. Good job!

i thought the same thing about the valence, but i figured, if it doesn't stand out, at least it was something to kill some time. i will say though, at night it doesn't stand out at all, but as you can see, on a nice sunny day, it looks hot, at least i think so. it's funny, i used to look back at my car every once in a while as i would walk away from it, but now i find myself tripping over things as i'm walking away all because i cant take my eyes off of it. i think my girlfriend has some competition now... lol... but she has the same problem now too, so i think we might have both fallen in love with the same car... this could be a problem.

oh, and i forgot, i did the calipers as well while i was going through the painting stage of the 2 months.

Last edited:
I would have traded my clear headlights for blacked-out ones and saved you the effort to remove the blackness... Oh well.

Car looks great!

I would have traded my clear headlights for blacked-out ones and saved you the effort to remove the blackness... Oh well.

Car looks great!

they were'nt black, they were foggy and yellow... i wish i had blacked out ones. i might do that soon, but for now, they will stay chrome.

looks pretty sick man

hey whered u get the paints and wut code for the midnight blue? and howd u get the painted interior parts so shiny?

and for the brakes did you spray or paint o_O

looks good from the last time i saw it . wait 2 weeks and see how much my car has changed . she goes into the shop next thursday

looks pretty sick man

hey whered u get the paints and wut code for the midnight blue? and howd u get the painted interior parts so shiny?

and for the brakes did you spray or paint o_O

first off, i used duplicolor medium blue metalic for the match, it's not perfect, but it's very close. and the interior was trial and error (a big one in fact. i kind of destroyed one of the interior pieces, but i'll replace it soon.) i got it to be glossy by doing a light coat, letting it dry for about 5 minutes, then did a heavy wet coat. the trick is keeping the pieces flat so you dont get eny running., as far as the breaks, they are not sprayed. i used the dupicolor caliper paint kit. it comes with a very strong cleaner and brush on ceramic paint, it worked great.

any good power mods in the works?

nope, after i install my springs in 2 weeks, i'm done as far as performance, but i do have a "little" sound project in the works, but i'm dot giving out any details...(inout)

***UPDATE***
I installed my springs yesterday and was able to get some shots of it today. all together everything went well. i had a problem with one bolt, but everything else was very smooth and it's rides great. i'm gonna let it sit for a week and then get the alignment. here's the pics.

"wrapped in Fuzion ZRI tires (very sticky btw) "
I agree...I'm on my second set of the Zri's & have been very happy with them. Also very good in the wet!!

"wrapped in Fuzion ZRI tires (very sticky btw) "
I agree...I'm on my second set of the Zri's & have been very happy with them. Also very good in the wet!!

yeah, we finally got some rain down here in FL so i got to test them out, they were great, they are also the cheapest tires i've ever had, i paid 270 with the mounting and balancing.

Back