My Miata Miami trip

pluto316

:
WHAT ARE CARS
Hey, I am posting a lot of pictures, so don't reply till you see Miata images at the end? I mean, you can if you want, but there's a lot to see. :)

Basically the story was a man in Miami was going to cut me a sweet deal on a Miata and I had to be in Miami tomorrow to drive it back, my friend wanted to go to Miami anyway so we took his imported Civic SiR.. Only he doesn't have A/C so we left at 2am to avoid the heat.

Pretty simple long-shutter shots of us leaving Orlando at night, when the city is it's most beautiful. He could only do 100km/hr or else he really starts to burn fuel, so it was a pretty boring and long trip doing 60mph when the allowed speed is 70mph and other cars passing us doing over 80mph. (ughdance)

Attachments

• civic_05.jpg
    civic_05.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 96
  • civic_06.jpg
    civic_06.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 84
  • civic_07.jpg
    civic_07.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 73
  • civic_08.jpg
    civic_08.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Gassing the beast.. All 180hp of it. (peep)

Attachments

• civic_02.jpg
    civic_02.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 398
  • civic_03.jpg
    civic_03.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 360
  • civic_04.jpg
    civic_04.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 348
  • civic_01.jpg
    civic_01.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 327
Some random shots of us in Miami. The first picture is my girlfriend sitting next to a massive dog. Where we were staying two brothers had a Nissan 240sx convertable with SR20 swap, a '86 Corolla gutted, then their friends came over with a Nissan Silvia, a SR20'd RHD 240sx, and some other cars. I only photographed the Silvia cause it was going to rain.

Attachments

• massivedog.jpg
    massivedog.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 363
  • nissan.jpg
    nissan.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 313
  • nissan_01.jpg
    nissan_01.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 326
  • nissan_02.jpg
    nissan_02.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
More of the same.

Attachments

• nissan_03.jpg
    nissan_03.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 286
  • nissan_04.jpg
    nissan_04.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 293
  • nissan_05.jpg
    nissan_05.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 299
  • nissan_06.jpg
    nissan_06.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 362
I bought the Miata from a guy who builds Ferraris and Spec Miatas in Miami. He's moving up north some place so he's getting rid of his extra cars and parts. This was going to be a Spec Miata but he'd rather move a Ferrari than some old Miata. He's a car dealer so I got the car, tax, tag, and title for $2059.50. He let me sit in his Spec Miata which was awesome, then he started his non-spec wheel to wheel track Miata which sounded better louder than a Corvette. Huge timing overlap.

BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP.

Then he walked us around his fully stripped racing Ferraris. (shocked)

He said his Miata is still more to fun, but not nearly as fast.

Attachments

• exterior.jpg
    exterior.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 382
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 345
  • interior2.jpg
    interior2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 366
  • enginebay.jpg
    enginebay.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 398
He bought it damaged, it was hit by someone, but drives and runs fine. There's a cut right under the right cowel of the hood where someone had a snorkel intake for the stock airbox. There's a straight pipe with a new muffler too, it's actually a pretty deep rumble, and it puffs a nice smoke when you gun it.. I am going to give it a 100,000 mile tune up at the dealer and replace the bad wheels and tires first. It ran from Miami to Orlando on $15 gas. (RTM)

It only smokes when I gun it from 1/2 throttle, it could just be because of the missing cat, I'll figure it out.

Next post is a video, feel free to reply now if you were waiting.

Attachments

• miatadamage.jpg
    miatadamage.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 374
  • enginetop.jpg
    enginetop.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 341
I uploaded a video go Google Video, but apparently it's not an instant process, I guess I'll upload it to YouTUBE... (pissed)

Cool, I like the bug eye british race car look.

Will you be in the drop top or the sedan for the meet this summer?

vxfilmer1000 said:
I really want a 240sx ! Im thinking about buying for for a daily driver/drifting MACHINE

good luck now that fast and the furious is raising prices in the used market...............3 fast 3 furious 4 evar!

nice, congrats on the miata! That one looks just like the 97 I drove, same color and stuff. It was nice but had bad chassis shake at like 30mph so that was a no go. Plus, they wanted um.. 9600 for it and said my car wasn't even worth trading in.

Everyone is getting new cars and I'm still sitting with my Protege haha :D

pluto316 said:
Some random shots of us in Miami. The first picture is my girlfriend sitting next to a massive dog. Where we were staying two brothers had a Nissan 240sx convertable with SR20 swap, a '86 Corolla gutted, then their friends came over with a Nissan Silvia, a SR20'd RHD 240sx, and some other cars. I only photographed the Silvia cause it was going to rain.

uhh... that's not a silvia, that's a sileighty

sandspeed said:
Cool, I like the bug eye british race car look.

Will you be in the drop top or the sedan for the meet this summer?

Depends really. If I get new a pair of Rotas and new tires, the drop top.

Back