My Miata Miami trip

Yaaaay. You finally got one!

That's a hell of a score too.... a '96 for $2k...damn you. That damage is easily fixed.

besides the cosmetic things you are going to do to clean the car up...what else do you have planned for it?

civicexracer said:
the civic hatchback?! with the carbon fiber hatch...lol

Oh! Ok! Yeah, the interior is clean as hell, I really like it. Too bad you can't go above 100km/hr or it sucks fuel like a semi.

schiesskopf5 said:
besides the cosmetic things you are going to do to clean the car up...what else do you have planned for it?

Today I have to check the oil because I know I am burning it because of a faulty PCV. I'll see if I can replace that today (it's raining so I can't really do much to the car, my garage isn't ready yet) along with flat-blacking those retarded Walmart wheels. I think I got a pair of used OEM wheels on the way from a guy on roadsterjdm.com so I can be back to factory, which will give me a good starting point.

Cosmetic:
Racing Beat Type II nose aprox $400 http://www.racingbeat.com/Images/57104b.jpg
A new fender aprox $100

Then I'll primer it myself and get a cheap Macco spray of the factory color because it's so pretty. The pictures don't do it justice.

Suspension:
HKS springs aprox $300
KYB AGX shocks aprox $400
Then maybe the full Cusco, Flying Miata, or Racing Beat roll bar set.

Interior:
Gotta get this, man: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89058
Sparco seats, pedals, and wheel.
MAYBE a working radio with speakers...

Stffness:
Hard Dog Hard Core roll bar aprox $400+
Underbody bracings aprox TBD

For the motor I will more than likely go N/A but turbo is calling my name once again. Who knows. First thing is to get the car running right before I go screwing with it. It's so slow stock, though. I feel like I am in a Protege5. (har har har)

i think i was talking to you on AIM about this.....mabey it was another guy....

if it was, the car with the 99 head and 94 motor that the guy in miami was selling cheap was red.....so I guess we were not talking about the same thing.....

2nd, the smoke could be from the PVC valve, but I would do a compression check and leak down just to see if the rings and head gasket are ok.

Does it smell like burning oil or coolant.

2nd for your suspension, why spend 300 on HKS sprigns when you could get ground control coil overs (that rock on a miata) for 400 bucks new?

get a boss frog or a hard dog, it will save you trouble at HDPE's

Last, did you decided not to get the miata that had the 99 head and 94 block?

KYLiquid said:
i think i was talking to you on AIM about this.....mabey it was another guy....

if it was, the car with the 99 head and 94 motor that the guy in miami was selling cheap was red.....so I guess we were not talking about the same thing.....

2nd, the smoke could be from the PVC valve, but I would do a compression check and leak down just to see if the rings and head gasket are ok.

Does it smell like burning oil or coolant.

2nd for your suspension, why spend 300 on HKS sprigns when you could get ground control coil overs (that rock on a miata) for 400 bucks new?

get a boss frog or a hard dog, it will save you trouble at HDPE's

Last, did you decided not to get the miata that had the 99 head and 94 block?

ALL QUESTIONS ANSWERED ON AIM.

Back