My Mazda app "send to car" feature issue

Hi, new here to the forum. I just got a 2021 GT CX-5, been playing around with My Mazda app and wanted to try the send to car feature (sending address from the phones app to the cars navigation system of the car) but every time I type in an address on the bottom right search or top map of the app, it will never fide the address I type in, always gives something totally different.

It does find things correctly like airports, hospitals or Mazda dealers but never a normal address, has anyone else experience the same problem?

I’d surmise the search feature of the app is strictly searching for text name matches to points of interest, but doesn’t understand addresses/locations at all. Type in “statue of liberty” and it will find every POI that had this text in its title, but it’s clueless with addresses, geographic locations, etc. it certainly ain’t Google.

i don’t have the Nav card. Is the search in the onboard navigation system the same?

- Mark

I’d surmise the search feature of the app is strictly searching for text name matches to points of interest, but doesn’t understand addresses/locations at all. Type in “statue of liberty” and it will find every POI that had this text in its title, but it’s clueless with addresses, geographic locations, etc. it certainly ain’t Google.

i don’t have the Nav card. Is the search in the onboard navigation system the same?

- Mark
In the car, search works fine.
Just don’t understand why the app doesn’t

A great work-around that I have found is that you can lookup your address in the Maps app on your iPhone. Once you found the address, you can then share it to the MyMazda app. Open the MyMazda app, go to maps, and the address you shared will be listed under Favorites along the bottom. You can then send the address to your car.

A great work-around that I have found is that you can lookup your address in the Maps app on your iPhone. Once you found the address, you can then share it to the MyMazda app. Open the MyMazda app, go to maps, and the address you shared will be listed under Favorites along the bottom. You can then send the address to your car.
Thanks that actually worked
It’s a shame, this is a cool feature to have on the app I hope they fix it.

Do you hav Android or IOS? Apple maps on iPhone works fine for me but when I try Google maps, sending to My Mazda comes up as invalid location

How to send an address to your on-board 2021 Mazda CX-5 via “MyMazda” app.

This looks complicated but it’s actually very simple and takes less than a minute to send an address to your on-board 2021 Mazda CX-5 using the Mazda “MyMazda” App. The address info can be sent anytime of the day or night and will be available on your CX5 NAV the next time you start your car.
  1. Open and sign-on to the “MyMazda”App. Then Go to either Apple or Google Maps and search up the address you want to send to your CX5. Select the Share button. In Google Maps the share button is a little less prominent but it’s there.
  2. From the window that opens, select the “MyMazda” App.
IMG_1413.jpeg

1. Up will come the following screen. Select the blue “Save to Favorite” button at the bottom. The acknowledgment shown in white will appear.
IMG_1426.jpeg

1. Close the Maps App. And open the “MyMazda” App. Select the small map icon at the top right of the screen.
IMG_1415.jpeg

1. Select “Favorites” at the bottom of the page and up will come a list of your favorites including the address you just added.
IMG_1416.jpeg

1. Click on the address you want to send to your CX5.
IMG_1417.jpeg

1. Up will come a map. Hit the “Send to Car” button at the bottom of the screen.
IMG_1418.jpeg

The next time you start your car, the new address will be received after 40 seconds or so. Follow the prompts on your on-board navigation screen to load the address. Also if this address is one you want to keep, you will need to save it as a favorite in your CX5 NAV system.

Thanks that actually worked
It’s a shame, this is a cool feature to have on the app I hope they fix it.
Exactly.. I posted a more detailed summary above but jvb24211 is correct on how to send an address to your 2021 Mazda CX-5 navigation system.

Last edited:
Do you hav Android or IOS? Apple maps on iPhone works fine for me but when I try Google maps, sending to My Mazda comes up as invalid location
Do you have the “MyMazda” app on your phone? You need the app and must be signed on to the app to finish the process. I use the app on my iPhone and have successfully accessed both Google maps and Apple Maps. I started looking at Waze but never had time to determine if this process works via Waze.

Yes I do have the MyMazda app on my phone and running.
The MyMazda app works fine and it does send to the car when you want it to, like I mentioned my issue with it is when I type in a normal address it never findes it (only points of interests come up.
Now the work around for me works fine with Apple Maps but when I try google maps it does not, when I click on share when in google and then choose MyMazda I get a message “Invalid Location “ no big deal but I am curious why is it working for others and not me and yes I have tried both with the MyMazda app open and closed.

I think Google has made some changes. About 2 months ago both Google and Apple Maps worked fine. Today I tried the Google apps and it would not link up. As you mentioned Apple Maps still work. Anyway the lookup in the MyMazda app is for POI points of interest only. That’s why it only shows POI’s. I have no idea why Mazda thinks a POI finder is more usable than sending NAV instructions to our vehicles. I for one seldom search on POI’s but always sent addresses to my corvette. When I got my CX5 it took awhile to figure out how to send address instructions to it. Now I send addressing 2-3 times a week.

I have the most current version of MyMazda app on my iPhone 7 downloaded from the iOS app store and it does NOT have the "Map Icon" for me to access maps. Nor can I find maps anywhere in the app. I can "save to MyMazda app" in Apple Maps, but no way to access maps in the MyMazda app.

Any ideas what's going on?

I have the most current version of MyMazda app on my iPhone 7 downloaded from the iOS app store and it does NOT have the "Map Icon" for me to access maps. Nor can I find maps anywhere in the app. I can "save to MyMazda app" in Apple Maps, but no way to access maps in the MyMazda app.

Try deleting the app and then installing again from here

you mentioned you had an IPhone 7
Is your phone’s software up to date?
IOS 14 or higher?
Don’t really know if it matters but some times it could be the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions. My iPhone is running iOS 14.4.2; I'll be waiting a week or so before updating to the recently-released 14.5.
I'll delete the MyMazda app and re-download.

MyMazda app deleted and re-downloaded. Signed in and still no Maps icon; only a "pin" icon that leads to the "dealer search" map function.

Ladd is correct, there is no Maps icon in MyMazda: latest version 7.2.2, 14.5, iPhone 12 Pro. Only a pin for dealer search.

So is the Maps icon in the MyMazda app only in older versions of the app? Or only in the Android version of the MyMazda app? Or only if you have a 2021 model CX-5?

How are other folks seeing the map icon?

Ladd, sorry but the address transfer function via the “MyMazda” app will only work on the new 2021 CX5 & CX9 models, along with the 2020/21 Cx-30 and Mazda 3 models with the new infotainment system. Advanced Features like the address transfer, door lock/unlock, flasher alert and remote start, all require the new infotainment system. My wife has a 2020 CX5 GT with the older entertainment system and her MyMazda app provides very limited capability like vehicle mileage, model trim and engine types along with some reference documents.

Back