My GTO is looking for a little brother...

Karma_hunden said:
I just read another thread. He says they didnt let him after he went to two stealerships. That sucks.

Happened to me... get them to let you test drive MS6 and regular 3... once they see you are that interested they will let you test drive MS3... the dealers out here in So Cal dont want bunch of joy rides on the car... dont necessarily agree with it but I can see why they would

Yeah, I finally found a dealer willing to sell a car. Matter of fact I just drove it home an hour ago. Boy, do I have to relearn driving a front wheel drive car. I haven't had a fwd in over 15 years, and never had one with this kind of punch. I can no longer glaze over discussions about torque steer, didn't take me 2 minutes on the way home to experience that first hand, whoa nelly.

Buy the MS3
GTO? I was damn near close to buying one of them. I'm an old geezer here.
I grew up in the 70's I've had my right foot deep into big and small block engines in the past. Had anything from Chevy 283's to bored out 454's on my engine stand. Had a 70 Nova SS 396. Owned a genuine 70 Buick GSX Stage1 455 which I bored out to 468ci. Also an 86 Grand National, still kicking myself for selling it. Still own a well modded 94 Z28 6 speed with 184000 miles that puts 340 HP to the wheels.
I know this is a lot of stuff to read, but it proves my point, this car
is a blast to drive.
If you are still reading this post, BUY THE MS3!!!
I love this car. It dosen't do burnouts like the GSX and the Z28 or the Grand National, (kick me here for selling it). The MS3 hauls ass when you want it to but I still get 32 MPG if I stay out of it

Was looking at the Subaru too, the MS3 is tons more fun and better looking

Last edited:
Mocoso said:
Yer lucky WE let you use OUR engine in the GTO... for some that was blasphemy!!!(lol2)

Yeah, I get it from u vette guys all the time. My speed shop is all corvettes so everytime I go in I get it (all in good fun of course). But that blashpemy is consistent with the GTO heritage. Taken from the Ferrari 250 GTO, in 1964 it was considered to be the most sacrilegious act of the time (a mere Pontiac with the GTO name, gasp!).

Anyway the GTO and the corvette aren't even in the same class, that vette is a street legal race car. My goat is just a touring car that happens to have a lot of muscle. Would love to have both, but I'm just a lowly civil servant(thumb) .

Habuzaki said:
Yeah, I finally found a dealer willing to sell a car. Matter of fact I just drove it home an hour ago. Boy, do I have to relearn driving a front wheel drive car. I haven't had a fwd in over 15 years, and never had one with this kind of punch. I can no longer glaze over discussions about torque steer, didn't take me 2 minutes on the way home to experience that first hand, whoa nelly.

I enjoy the torque steer but if you're not ready for it then yes, it's a shock. Congrats!! What color did you get?

Vixen said:
I enjoy the torque steer but if you're not ready for it then yes, it's a shock. Congrats!! What color did you get?

Well, I would have liked to have gotten black, but like I said this is going to have to be my commuter so I picked up the silver. Just a color that hides the most I guess, I don't hate it but like I said, I would have gotten the black if I didn't have to freeway commute. That freeway makes short order of the front end here in California, so many trucks spilling gravel and crap.

Last edited:
Nice dude, on both accounts.. I was checking out the interrior on a GTO the other night... puts my GT's seats to shame. How ya liking your new beater? Mines coming in in June.

I need a lot more seat time before I can say with the MS3. My initial thoughts so far are all on the positive side. I absolutely love the comfort of my GTO, but I don't think it is fair to compare the two. For me the MS3 fits the bill for what it needs to do, get me to work reliably, and when I want to play a little, slap me back in the seat a bit(drive2) . So far the only complaint for me is a minor one, and that is my right leg position. I'm not tall (6'00"), but my last two cars have had plenty of leg room for me to slant my leg to the right. I haven't found a comfortable position yet in the MS3 for slightly longer trips. But, like I said, small gripe. Overall though, I like it alot.

Habuzaki said:
So far the only complaint for me is a minor one, and that is my right leg position. I'm not tall (6'00"), but my last two cars have had plenty of leg room for me to slant my leg to the right. I haven't found a comfortable position yet in the MS3 for slightly longer trips. But, like I said, small gripe. Overall though, I like it alot.

There's a whole thread on that. Do a search on Knee's, lol There were a few pages of people bitching about their knee hitting on the center console...

Yeah, that's what I'm experiencing. I'll have to do a search and read up, course not a whole lot can be done I imagine. Shorter peeps probably don't have that problem.

Back