My ebay 3" downpipe - tones of pictures!

mglavina

R3VO 3VOM
:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
So after I hesitated for a while, and heard lot's of decent reviews I went ahead and ordered myself the ebay 3" catless downpipe. I have never ordered something from ebay before and I was a bit worried but after others have done it and since it was ONLY $170 shipped from the states to my house I said why not.

Here are some pics of exactly what came with it:
ebay_dp_1.jpg

ebay_dp_2.jpg

ebay_dp_3.jpg

ebay_dp_4.jpg

ebay_dp_5.jpg

ebay_dp_6.jpg

ebay_dp_7.jpg

ebay_dp_8.jpg

ebay_dp_9.jpg

ebay_dp_10.jpg

ebay_dp_11.jpg

ebay_dp_12.jpg

ebay_dp_13.jpg

Not too bad!

I know not too shabby! Only "complaint" I had was the packaging it came in lol, the downpipe just had a bit of bubble wrap on it and it was thrown in a box. All the other parts just came in a plastic bag also in the box. No padding on the box and the DP could move freely. If the box with the DP were to hit something it could easily just puncture the box no problem. Not like I expected anything special since it was from ebay lol.

Next step is going to have to be fitment and stuff.

RDI, Race Design Imports or something lol. But yeah I've heard of M2 also for the ebay downpipe. How was the fitment for yours? CEL's? Did you also upgrade your fuel pump?

I have the M2 and it does look exactly the same (down to the added nuts and bolts). No fitment issues whatsoever and no CEL. I did install an O2 extension at the same time though just to be sure. Took me about 8 hours to do by myself.

Currently on stock pump holding well above 1600psi but I do have pump internals to install.

^^ Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to compile as much info as I can. I still haven't put it on yet.

No problem. I used the Corksport install instructions for the Speed 3. Pretty straight forward with helpful pics. Happy Motoring!

RDI, Race Design Imports or something lol. But yeah I've heard of M2 also for the ebay downpipe. How was the fitment for yours? CEL's? Did you also upgrade your fuel pump?

Fitment was great....didnt do anything about trying to trick the O2 as i already planned on turning off the code with the AP....got a code within minutes of driving before flashing new map eliminating code.
Havent installed my pump internals yet...but havent dropped below 1600psi yet at WOT (headbang)

Fitment was great....didnt do anything about trying to trick the O2 as i already planned on turning off the code with the AP....got a code within minutes of driving before flashing new map eliminating code.
Havent installed my pump internals yet...but havent dropped below 1600psi yet at WOT (headbang)

Which map did you flash?

I'm currently running the generic OTS stage2 map 93oct w/ SRI, idle bumped up to 900rpm. I'm not totally comfortable with ATR yet to start tweaking a Boost based map.
After I get my head wrapped around it, I'll be going that route....msf guys are really making great advances.

Update! After some more and more and more research I have not installed the DP yet. Couple reasons, looks like the FP will be mandatory so I still need to order that. Also, I'm not going to be happy with the basic map given with the AP so I'm going to get a pro-tune. No use in tuning only basic mods so I went ahead and got myself a FMIC lol. I'm just waiting for piping to come in. Also, Going to order a 3" catback to complete a full 3" catless turbo back exhaust.

Looking at the eBay piece again, the welds aren't that great. They'll do, but I wanted to clean some things up. So I gave it to a buddy who is a good welder and check this out now: (dance)

Before
ebay_dp_4.jpg

Cleaned up a bit
IMG01136-20120305-1328.jpg

IMG01137-20120305-1328.jpg

Now, that's just the outside. On this inside this was my main concern:
IMG01135-20120303-1432.jpg

IMG01135-20120303-1432_2.jpg

IMG01134-20120303-1432.jpg

So yeah when you take a close look at that it's not the greatest. You get what you pay for from eBay, I definitely think it may have had an effect on the flow.

And now heres the finished product before install:
IMG01141-20120305-1329.jpg

IMG01140-20120305-1329.jpg

IMG01139-20120305-1329.jpg

And because it was one of my friends he did it for free!(breakn) Install coming sometime this spring/early summer. Enjoy.

hey-soos chris-toes.

i wanted to do a corksport dp for my car, but now it looks like i'd be getting in a GIGANTIC headache...

Back