My Cosmo issues... Any input is helpful...

turboteg

:
1990 acura integra
got a little problem maybe you guys can help me with.... I just imported a 1995 mazda cosmos 20b.... the speedo stops working after 40km/h and the 123/dsl lights flash back and forth and the hold light comes on, only after I hit about 40km/h.... can anyone help me??? THANKS....

update march 21st.... tested the speed senor and pulse sensor both are working fine....managed to jump the tat wire and get a tranny code.. #7 ... but I cant find any info into what the tranny codes are... thanks in advance...

heres a pic on the lift...

x_161106.jpg

Welcome once again and thanks for posting, nice two-tone Cosmo! (2thumbs) Mine is a 1995 as well.. :D

I wonder if it has something to do with the Tranny Speed Sensor..? Note the post below from my thread (posted a few years ago now)...

Issue Update!

Since taking my Cosmo back from TCP Magic, I have not run into the MOP issue...The day before I picked up my Cosmo, Kawato noticed that my Tranny Gear Indicator on the dash was blinking indicating there was a problem...He tracked it down to the Tranny Speed sensor and swapped out the one from his Cosmo which was turning smoothly with the one in my Cosmo that was not turning smoothly...The swap seems to have fixed that issue...

Here's a shot of the sensor (thanks to Kawato)...
IMG_5825.jpeg

As for error codes, I wonder if LoneStarS30Z and Herblenny can help you out with that (fellow Cosmo owners)...I would recommend sending them a PM and checking out their threads. I'm located in Japan and I recall the Tuner I go to saying that his normal code reader could not read the Cosmo, he had to contact his friend at a Mazda Dealer...Someone might have a translated description of the code, hopefully...Please keep us updated, thanks!

thanks for your reply... the speed sensor is fine, I have tested it already... and I already retrieved the transmission code it is #7.... but I cannot find any info anywhere on what the code means... I have a fellow mechanic here from japan so the translation isn't an issue....

Have you found the "Cosmo owners" page on Facebook? The speedo will be an electrical issue in the binnacle and the gear indicator could be there as well, or the tws or, simply a bad earth! There is guy in Florida doing great things with the speedos after much trial and error!

Back