Mustard, the yellow P5

So im trying to do the 1 wire fog light mod, and i cant figure out how to get to the fog light switch wires. How do i get the panel off?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

The panel on the side of the dash pops off, you can reach up from behind and push it, use a screw driver to pry it or use your fingers to pull it off. Fog light harness is right behind it.

Ok, cool thank you. I kow that panel comes off on most cars, but usually have a clip, i just didnt want to break it. Ill do it tomorrow.

yeah if you push it from the backside like hornsfan said, you can pry it off with your fingers. i either use my fingers or a butter knife wrapped in a rag

a3024e94b7b55afc19ad9d2a72b02f08.jpg

Fog light mod done, along with replacing headlights with leds...ive seen lots of negative responses on leds, so we shall see.
e2257e63da192f23a004db0b180c14e8.jpg

Also put interior back in, and modded back panels to fit rear strut bar.

Yea these leds are absolutely horrid. Besides for going the super expensive route of hids, what regular halogen do you recommend???

I was going to say, I bought some cheap LED headlights and they didn't work at all. Couldn't see a thing. DDM tuning has cheap HID kits that are still decent quality. Most recent set of HIDs I have purchased were cheapo Ebay chinese ones and they work but are definitely not nearly as good as even the DDM kits which get the job done but are still cheap.

Well i replaced the leds back with the originals. Im going to buy sylvania ultra for 20 bucks through walmart.com. Also swapped out stock ecu with the MSP ecu. Seems to run way better, pull in all gears, and have a little more tq, but that just all might be my imagination.

. Seems to run way better, pull in all gears, and have a little more tq, but that just all might be my imagination.

Ya gotta trust the Butt Dyno !!!

It's the the most accurate of all the imaginary automotive instruments !!!

Ok so the next step i figured is brakes. Apparently the previous owner let the rotors get wore down past the edge, so there is a lip. Was thinking of brake upgrade for cheap and was looking at the mazda 6 upgrade for the front. Whats needed? Just the calipers, brakes, and rotors? Also was thinking of changing my color scheme to yellow and black instead of yellow and red. I feel that the black and yellow have been kinda overused, and im trying to do something different, but to me the red and yellow dont seem to work as well together, at least in my eyes.

red and yellow always reminds me of mcdonalds. You are using the MSP ecu without the turbo installed? Seems like the car would run richer which would make less power, but maybe it only increases the fuel when in boost. The MSP ECU will run far less advanced timing, so when using it on an N/A car you will make less power for sure.
MZ6 brakes you need the calipers, pads and rotors. It believe the stock lines will work.

Well i replaced the ecu back to stock, i swear it feels like garbage compared to the MSP ecu. Started converting all the red bits to black, although it looks like crap from where i messed it up the first time. Anyone have any window switch pieces and the center console piece that i can buy? And 06-13 m6 calipers? Was thinking of doing a black rotor, yellow caliper and black wheel combination

So what happens if i were to take the "redneck" lift kit out? Since they obviously put it in to prevent strut sag, but it makes the rear a lil bouncy.

Fyi when doing the mazda6 calipers buy 06-08 calipers. Apparently those are different than other years and are the biggest. I'm not sure how accurate that is though. I just bought 06 to be safe. I'm also not sure if the rotors are different, but they could be as well. Good luck man!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Is there anyway to take the drivers door push lock off? I keep locking myself in lol

Is there anyway to take the drivers door push lock off? I keep locking myself in lol

The power lock button or the uppy/downy lever thing? That thing always gets in my way when I want to hang my arm out the window!

I think there's a plastic clip that holds the metal rod in place, you'd have to pull the door panel off and unhook it.

However, given these cars and their hatred of power lock actuators, it would be a good failsafe in case it does die. But now that I think about it, on the drivers side, you would have to use the key to unlock getting in and lock getting out anyway if the actuator does die. So it seems worth it in the end?

Sent from my LG-VS995 using Tapatalk

So are the jdm rear bumpers the only ones that fit on the p5 that have no muffler cutout?

So i was under the car the other day and noticed that the exhaust system is pretty rusty, and i think i hear an exhaust leak somewhere, possibly by the manifold. Well i want to go ahead and get an exhaust system in the works, especially for this turbo build. What is something recommended that wont break the bank? Also i did a center exhaust exit on my Dart that id like to carry over to my p5, but the current bumper has a cutout for the muffler tip. Is there any noncutout rear bumper that i can use for this???
0c690dce5dad9ed8508b08fc6d63f780.jpg

Back