MSpeed Miata/MX5 link

Price is a little high. For 30k, you might as well save the extra 3k and go with the WRX STi, Evo, or S2000 if you want the roadster. Car looks badass, and I was pretty excited about it until I heard the price.

~brian

Captain KRM P5 said:
an S2000 costs only two grand more but tack on 70 more horsepower :( sorry but if FM can wring 250 whp out of an old 1.6 with thier turbo, why is Mazda being so conservative with this car?

Um, the majority of Miata owners are conservative...

Hence the understated looks. Mazda doesn't want insane power. Mazdaspeed isn't about all out power.

BinaryRotary said:
Yeah, just so you guys know. The car is going to be a 2 year run and cost around 30k.

2 years? cool...

When are you supposed to receive your shipment at the dealer there?

Still on track for March?

and for those comparing it to the S2000, sure it has less power... but now go look at teh torque #... Or better yet, DRIVE the damn thing, then we'll see how they do. ;)

jflo said:
hehehe...i love it when people think my miata is brand new when it's a '91

It surprises me every time I hear that. Also, "the mom let you hold the car, drug dealer, and how did you afford that car"(comments I would rather due without). I guess only a few uf us really know about the Miata even after all these years.

Theres something most people who post on here don't realize about the company they bought a car from. Mazda is all about BALANCE. Deal with it or buy from another company.

rx7gslse said:
2 years? cool...

When are you supposed to receive your shipment at the dealer there?

Still on track for March?

and for those comparing it to the S2000, sure it has less power... but now go look at teh torque #... Or better yet, DRIVE the damn thing, then we'll see how they do. ;)

Yeah right around March. We're getting 6 the first year and 5 the next year.

BinaryRotary said:
Theres something most people who post on here don't realize about the company they bought a car from. Mazda is all about BALANCE. Deal with it or buy from another company.

That's what I've been trying to point out. Mazdaspeed doesn't make SRT-4 like crap. They make balanced cars with good power, good handling, etc...

I'd figure with the growing popularity of Initial D, more people would begin to understand that power isn't everything.

StuttersC said:
That's what I've been trying to point out. Mazdaspeed doesn't make SRT-4 like crap. They make balanced cars with good power, good handling, etc...

I'd figure with the growing popularity of Initial D, more people would begin to understand that power isn't everything.

Werd.

jflo said:
hehehe...i love it when people think my miata is brand new when it's a '91

LOL! I get this too. Just a few weeks ago I got asked if it was a 2004 model...:D

mmmmmmm i like the pic of ur miata in ur sig mazdaspeedgirl...also ur avatar is very interesting...go mazdaspeed mx-5 ! hahah...anyway, i'd like to take this msm (i'd rather call it MSR, mazdaspeed roadster, yeah i knoe that's not the name, but...) against a s2000 and see what happens..

Back