MSP build, advice welcomed too

1zzfe coils with plug and play harness
20201225_160200.jpg

At the moment Im in process looking for new house since i just sold my old one, were be renting til coming up summer, so basically be collecting parts for the build, once i get my new home, ill be putting car jack stand do whole car make over, engine, suspension, brakes, interior , looks too. ill be taking my time with it since my main goal is reliability and enjoyment out the car, power is secondary.

quick questions I need help with,
10an line is the size for most oil lines I need for bypass valve and cooler and accusump correct?

Also if anyone knows or sees anyone selling a AWR deep sump oil pan ill buy it.

And any Braces like trunk or under body I'm very interested buying

Also for daily use what yall think about 8.5.1 compression vs stock 9.0 compression

Yeah i am on facebook in all Mazdaspeed protege Groups and no luck, ran into a scammer here on mazda247 told him take a hike. With this platform it hard to find parts, i been looking a for a back up bumper and lip for a while too have no luck.
8.5 should be good. Are you on FB MSPE ? They’re selling oil pans right now.

Last edited:
quick questions I need help with,
10an line is the size for most oil lines I need for bypass valve and cooler and accusump correct?

Also if anyone knows or sees anyone selling a AWR deep sump oil pan ill buy it.

And any Braces like trunk or under body I'm very interested buying

Also for daily use what yall think about 8.5.1 compression vs stock 9.0 compression
Yeah, 10AN is the recommended size for the oil lines when you use the bypassed oil pump and the Peterson PRV unit.

No personal experience but read in the past that most that go lower than stock engine compression on their build really didn't like normal driving while out of boost. Plus stock compression is already considered pretty low by todays standards.

Yeah, 10AN is the recommended size for the oil lines when you use the bypassed oil pump and the Peterson PRV unit.

No personal experience but read in the past that most that go lower than stock engine compression on their build really didn't like normal driving while out of boost. Plus stock compression is already considered pretty low by todays standards.
Good point laggy out of boost power sucks. Specially maybe freeway cruising

So I’m going to take my coil on plug wiring apart and wiring straight to ecu so that ecu controls each cylinder spark and there’s no waisted spark like oem.

Last edited:
Woot found a spare bumper for the msp. If this platform is going extinct, good to have backups, now I need a lip as backup and side skirts.

Debating is a 45mm wastegate good enough? My worry is a big turbo will make 400whp maybe at 10 psi so low boost big turbo calls for bigger wastegate.

What y’all think?

Back