MS6 Zero Sizing

Hi,

I'm looking for some new tires for my Speed6. The front stock ones lasted a good 26,000mi, but now I'm looking for some replacements.

From what I've read, there isn't really an ideal tire available in the stock 215/45/18 size, so I'm looking into switching to a 225/45/18 or even a 235/40/18. Anyone have any issues switching sizes or any recommendations? I've had mixed reviews from talking with dealers; I've heard everything from "Yeah no problem" to "Are you nuts? Thatll void your warrantee and it'll kill your alignment".

Any insight would great.

235 width tires are a guarantee for rubbing unless you roll your fenders. 225s are ok for the 18s without rubbing. Allways recommended to align a car when you repl 4 tires...
Warrantee will not be affected at all...

Don't put 235/40/18s on anything less than 8.0 inches wide.

Also.... I don't think 235s are "guaranteed" to rub..... especially on stockers with a +55 offset. Mine have rubbed a single time with a +45 offset so the stockers are narrower to begin with plus they have better offset (tucked in more).

235 width tires are a guarantee for rubbing unless you roll your fenders. 225s are ok for the 18s without rubbing. Allways recommended to align a car when you repl 4 tires...
Warrantee will not be affected at all...

Don't put 235/40/18s on anything less than 8.0 inches wide.

Also.... I don't think 235s are "guaranteed" to rub..... especially on stockers with a +55 offset. Mine have rubbed a single time with a +45 offset so the stockers are narrower to begin with plus they have better offset (tucked in more).

I have 235/40/18 on RX8 wheels, and they don't rub on my speed6 stock suspension.....even when i had 3 backseaters~

235/40/18 will not fit OEM 6/MS6 wheels FYI

Pirelli PZero Nero M+S fits our car and has 4x the life of the originals. Same handling and performance, and cheaper too. (burnout)

Back