MS6 Build Number Thread

Woh, i've been away too long. BCM is almost outnumbering (besides tgm) all other 2006 colors?!?!? WTFOOK!??

despite this being such a small sample section, it still makes me feel less unique. BOO!! BOOooooo!!! lol.

How many MS6's do we have total now?

Edit - about 300, give or take. Still a small sample, but showing some interesting trends.

Last edited:
Expecting Neofolis, who i think lives in Europe to post in here shortly. maybe he can help us on that side of the pond regarding getting VIN's.

Expecting Neofolis, who i think lives in Europe to post in here shortly. maybe he can help us on that side of the pond regarding getting VIN's.

That reminds me. I am going to have to start accounting for country.

Black and white leather on one of those wrecked ones...JDM P-5, you could go full-blown panda with that. On one of the last ones, with right side damage, just gotta say as a 19 year firefighter that cutting the B-pillar seems unnecessary. Every extrication is different, so I'd like to know the story, but that car is twice as fubared now as it was after the wreck...driver's side looks straight, not sure why they didn't extricate from there.

Sorry for the delay posting, I got the PM about this thread just before work and didn't have to post until I got home.

It's safe to say mine doesn't follow the trend.

Black Mica
06/2006

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay posting, I got the PM about this thread just before work and didn't have to post until I got home.

It's safe to say mine doesn't follow the trend.

Black Mica
06/2006

No it does not. This is not a North American Six, right? Where did it get shipped?

I think it's safe to say there are going to be a few differences Speed/MPS. Our models are not the same. There is only one MPS version sold in the UK. Our model is only 256BHP, although the engine is the same, I believe the difference is solely ECU controlled. Damn, I need a remap. We also have indicators on the front wing, which are not on the US model, but are compulsory for all UK registered vehicles. We also have the flat rear lights, rather than with the bulge, so there may well be other differences. There was never a two tone leather option here.

My VIN starts JMZ not JM1.

My model is GG82L not GG12L.

If what you are saying about the digit that represents the year is correct, then why is my digit 0?

With regard to colour/rarity, Black Cherry and White were not sold in the UK, so Titanium may not be the most rare globally, even if it is in the States/Canada.

I heard some time ago that only 700 were ever sold in the UK, but I can't verify that at the moment, I can't even remember where I heard that. If that is accurate, the UK market would have little impact on global stats, but the MPS is sold in many countries and may only be available in four colours elsewhere.

Given that the cars are not identical (Speed/MPS), they should probably not be treated collectively anyway.

Last edited:
Given that the cars are not identical (Speed/MPS), they should probably not be treated collectively anyway.

They are similar enough that it would still be interesting to know how many total were manufactured worldwide. Anyone an expert with vin #'s in other markets?

11,000 in North America, not just the states I would assume.

I would bet that 7,000 were made in the US and only 4,000 in Canada.

They are similar enough that it would still be interesting to know how many total were manufactured worldwide. Anyone an expert with vin #'s in other markets?

I agree. I'd like to know what other countries got them? How many were made? What the vin patterns are? What options were available? etc. At some point (maybe this weekend) I am going to make changes to ms6db to allow for the MPS and Atenza.

In addition to North America (Canada and the USA) Wikipedia lists Europe, Australia and Japan as regions that got them. I wonder where this info came from? Which countries in Europe? How many are in Australia ?

11,000 in North America, not just the states I would assume.

I would bet that 7,000 were made in the US and only 4,000 in Canada.

With the US population at just under 310 million and Canada at about 34.2 million, you'll probably find the US has closer to 10,000 of 11,000, if not more.

If my earlier quoted figure of 700 for UK is correct with a population of 62 million, Canada may only be 500 or less.

I would expect the US to have a slightly higher amount per capita, due to the distribution of wealth there.

Back