MS3 snowtire ???

Hikaru9

I <3 rice! ^_^v
:
'07 Cosmic Blue MS3
nondual said:
The brakes certainly work. I was fiddling with my stereo for a moment when I looked up to see angry red brake lights in front of me approaching quickly. I stomped the brake and stopped an embarrassingly LONG way away from said brake lights. My old car would have barely made it.

lol~ that's funny.
But then your old car was worth $100, right? (trade-in)
I would hope the MS3 will have better brakes than that. keke =p

Just two more months~~ >_<

:
Ti. Grey Mazda3 GT GFX
Hey borderline, can you take some pics of the front wheels with 16-inch steelies?

Not that I don't believe you, but all the info I have says it shouldn't fit.

borderline

the wild child :))
:
red MSP3 2007
wongpres said:
Hey borderline, can you take some pics of the front wheels with 16-inch steelies?

Not that I don't believe you, but all the info I have says it shouldn't fit.

no problems, I will send pics tomorrow ;)
My local dealer was surprised that it fit!

borderline

:
red MSP3 2007
IMG_0734.jpg

Take a closer look, we see: 205/60R16
IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

yes the 16" fit! (headbang)

:
Mazda 3 GT
I've got 205/55 r16 Toyo Garit HX on mine. I know it's been posted in another thread somewhere but the stock Goodyear RS-A all seasons are absolutely horrible in snow. I'm no expert on winter tires but I do live in Winterpeg and I know what works and what doesn't.

damn thats too close to the break for my comfort with the 16" wheel!! any flex or movent in the wheel during cornering, and/or ice/snow build up, and your caliper is rubbing!

borderline

:
red MSP3 2007
Red02LS1 said:
damn thats too close to the break for my comfort with the 16" wheel!! any flex or movent in the wheel during cornering, and/or ice/snow build up, and your caliper is rubbing!

Yes it's close but the mechanics at the delaer told me there was no problem cause the wheel won't flex enough to touch the caliper. In fact it almost doesn't flex at all.
With my other car (protege5) Winter tire was on 14", it was almost the same "tight fit" and never got problems. I have about 3/16"-1/4" of clearance.
And rubbing with snow won't hurt the caliper.
The only thing is the handling: very reduced with theses 16". I can't drive like before with my factory 18" :(

:
04 3s 5Door
Tire pressure increase for snows

Just a reminder to all going the snow tire route. Mazda says to increase pressure 4.3 pounds over the normal inflation level they suggest for their OEMs (32 lbs.) when using snow tires. I'm going into my 3rd winter with my 205-55-16 Dunlop Sport M-3 snows and just love them.

Grey Ghost
04 Mazda 3-S

:
Ti. Grey Mazda3 GT GFX
borderline, thanks for the pics. My new recommendation with MS3 on 16's will be that it can fit but wheel dependant and test-fitment required.