MS3 and no sunroof

Matt22

:
90 RX7 Vert
Well I am at work with no time to really search for an answer, so maybe someone can help out, why didnt Mazda give a sunroof option for the Mazdaspeed3? Seems like every other Mazda has the option or is that something you could add on if buying a new one, but it of course doesnt show that online? Thanks Matt

not an OEM option, although my dealer told me they had an aftermarket installer that did it for around 1k and came with a lifetime warranty.

Because strapping what amounts to two car batteries at the worst possible place is a bad idea.

it reduces the rigidity of the car and frame plus they weigh a ton. Keep weight and flex down seems like a good thing for me.

I was told (at the time of my purchase)because the ms3 was classified as a 155+ mph car, mazda did not offer one due to safety reasons. more than likely due to insurance ratings.

I mean, do you really use a sunroof that much? From my experience, sun roofs don't really let a significant amount of air in. then you have the sun beating down on ya. Meh.

I mean, do you really use a sunroof that much? From my experience, sun roofs don't really let a significant amount of air in. then you have the sun beating down on ya. Meh.

Well they come with that little slidey thingy that you can slide over it to block the sun. I had one on my regular 3 and i miss it terribly.

I talked to Mazda today (I live near Toronto Canada), and they said I'd be looking about $2200 from them. They do outsource it locally to a place that specializes in that sort of thing. The ultimate deal breaker was absolutely ZERO guarantees. Nothing on leaks or squeaks.

As much as I really want one- there's no way I'm taking that risk.

Back