MotorTrend 2021 Toyota RAV4 or Mazda CX-5?

:
2020 CX-5 GT w/PP
I recently test drove the 2021 RAV4 and the 2020 CX-5. The advantages of the RAV4 seem to be correct. Some disadvantages of the RAV4 not mentioned:
whiny road noise was very noticeable above about 45 mph
front seat headroom (driver or passenger) was BARELY enough for my 5’11” husband... I can’t imagine someone over 6 foot fitting in this car
lane keep assist felt obtrusive when driving on the freeway... felt like constantly battling crosswinds to keep steering straight... problem went away as soon as lane keep system was turned off

YMMV, of course

:
CX5 GT-R
The RAV4 Prime is the only one I'd consider, and no lie, it's super appealing. I drive 35K miles per year, and it could really save me some money. Also, PEV just isn't there yet for range, for me. I will see what 2025-2026 bring, because that's when I presume I will retire my current CX5, all things considered.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
The RAV4 Prime is the only one I'd consider, and no lie, it's super appealing. I drive 35K miles per year, and it could really save me some money. Also, PEV just isn't there yet for range, for me. I will see what 2025-2026 bring, because that's when I presume I will retire my current CX5, all things considered.

Agreed on the Prime, but I'd need to drive it first to be sure. Sounds like supply is very, very limited, to the point where some dealerships are marking them up $5-20k (!!) or taking non-refundable $1000 deposits to put your name on a list for a car they may never get in stock.

Crazy stuff.

:
CX5 GT-R
Agreed on the Prime, but I'd need to drive it first to be sure. Sounds like supply is very, very limited, to the point where some dealerships are marking them up $5-20k (!!) or taking non-refundable $1000 deposits to put your name on a list for a car they may never get in stock.

Crazy stuff.
By the time I am ready to buy one, they will have the kinks worked out, if any, and it should be readily available.