Motor mount questions

P5freek

:
2002 Protege5
On my P5 i was quoted 135 dollars for the passenger side motor mount with a 5 speed standard transmission is that what that mount goes for? They have one on rock auto for 45 bucks but it does not say if its for manual or automatic. This is the part only.

I paid $46 for a Beck Arnley passenger mount for my 03' P5 (MT) in 2013. It fit fine and retained the stock feel. This is the one even though Amazon's database says it doesn't fit:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I assume the Rock Auto one is comparable. I also replaced the lower mount (behind the radiator) with a a couple of different aftermarket ones first, but returned both because they caused more vibrations at idle, so I winded paying more and went with an OEM one. I don't know if you care about retaining the stock ride or not. Some owners like/prefer stiffer engine mounts for less wheel hop, but I prefer to retain the stock ride. As I mentioned, going with an aftermarket passenger side mount didn't seem to affect the ride quality.

I have had wheel hop but not a lot. I assume since i have 150k on it i need new mounts all the way around bit ill do one at a time as money permits.

The passenger mount is the same from ATX and MTX. Being the motor is no different between models, minus the obvious (transmission, some wiring, etc)

Back