Mirrors not folding completely

Mazda EU, recently updated their TSB for this issue, now includes more reasons for possible failure as well as more recent models, I suspect there is or will be an updated TSB for US models, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• R019-18.pdf
    727.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
:
CX-5 AWD, 2017
Just had a visit to the Mazda dealer workshop since the driver side outer mirror is erratic. Fails to close most of the time. The car is three years old and has done 40000 km. Here Mazda comes with 10 year warranty so let us hope they abide by it. They have sent the enquiry to the Mazda head office with photo of the non closing mirror. I can not help but wonder if it the motor or the three way mirror switch at the door itself that is at fault. Playing with that switch some times restores the function, only to be dysfunctional again after a while. Difficult to believe that Japanese part suppliers are sub optimal. This should not happen In a Japan built car. Other wise the car has been perfect.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Just had a visit to the Mazda dealer workshop since the driver side outer mirror is erratic. Fails to close most of the time. The car is three years old and has done 40000 km. Here Mazda comes with 10 year warranty so let us hope they abide by it. They have sent the enquiry to the Mazda head office with photo of the non closing mirror. I can not help but wonder if it the motor or the three way mirror switch at the door itself that is at fault. Playing with that switch some times restores the function, only to be dysfunctional again after a while. Difficult to believe that Japanese part suppliers are sub optimal. This should not happen In a Japan built car. Other wise the car has been perfect.
This’s a very common problem on Mazda CX-5 for many years. Not the motor or switch problem. Have you read the TSB above by Hawke?

:
CX-5 AWD, 2017
Yes I have read the above mentioned TSB report after returning from the mazda dealer. I just hope they honour the 10 years warranty and change on both sides. The problem is intermittent just now.