• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Mike's 2018 CX-9 Signature

:
2018 CX-9 GT
sm1ke- where did you get the carbon fiber section on your steering wheel bottom? That is really cool. Thanks.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
sm1ke- where did you get the carbon fiber section on your steering wheel bottom? That is really cool. Thanks.
I believe I got it on eBay, but you can also find it on AliExpress. The ones that don't have a logo stamped into them (like mine) are usually more expensive. I think I paid like $15 for the steering wheel piece, and maybe $4 for the shift handle cover, but the handle cover has an ugly "RS" logo stamped into it. I also recently added a CF trim piece for the top cover of the steering wheel.

Attachments

:
2018 CX-9 GT
I believe I got it on eBay, but you can also find it on AliExpress. The ones that don't have a logo stamped into them (like mine) are usually more expensive. I think I paid like $15 for the steering wheel piece, and maybe $4 for the shift handle cover, but the handle cover has an ugly "RS" logo stamped into it. I also recently added a CF trim piece for the top cover of the steering wheel.

Looks awesome! Thanks. I'll check ebay and AliExpress.

Wheels look perfect on the cx-9 , found a set of vossen 22x10.5 with 42 offset should it be fine? See that you went with 30offset

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Wheels look perfect on the cx-9 , found a set of vossen 22x10.5 with 42 offset should it be fine? See that you went with 30offset
42 offset might be cutting it a little close based on the clearance photo I posted. If they don't fit, you could always throw on some 5mm spacers.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Ok cool , I'll keep that in mind..you think would be pretty flush with fender well?
I think so.. with a +30 offset, the wheels poke out very slightly, which is perfect for when I lower the car an inch or two. The natural camber should result in a nice, flush look (without the inner wheel interfering with the suspension). If I wasn't going to lower the car, a 22x10.5 +35 to +40 would be the sweet spot IMO.

How did your tests go with your Sprint Booster @sm1ke ?
I think they went well. Here's a video of the short tests I did (forgot to post it here afterwards, oops lol)

Very very slight difference in hard acceleration from a stop, but if you skip to 0:17 you can see the difference in moderate acceleration at cruising speeds. You also really notice it in regular driving. It just feels much more responsive, and makes it feel closer to driving an N/A car.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Been a while..

Last weekend the car hit 37,500 kms, so yesterday I did an oil change and swapped my summer wheels back on. Used Castrol Edge 5w30, a Tokyo Roki OEM oil filter and a new crush washer. I was able to get everything done a lot quicker than I usually do, so that was nice.

Post oil change level check.. looks perfect.
IMG_20200331_185517.jpg

Post wheel swap. I was going to wash the car but the weather kind of sucks for that (lots of puddles due to the snow melting). I think I'll just give it a quick rinse later today.
IMG_20200331_191510.jpg

Latest posts