2013~2016 Michelin Premier LTX vs Falken ZIEX CT60

Looking for new tires for my 2016 GT (225/55/19)

Two options seem to be:

Michelin LTX on Tirerack I can get these for $203

Vs.

Falken
I can get these for $172

I note that the Falken is $31 cheaper per corner (that's about $150w/ tax), but by their own admission gave slightly worse wet weather. I live in the San Francisco Bay area so we can get some good rain Dec-Mar but mostly is dry and not particularly hot either. The falkens have 65k Miles warranty vs Michelin 60k miles, though reading the warranty definitions, they both seem shady.

What do you all think?

Between Michelin Premier LTX and Falken ZIEX CT60 on 225/55R19, most people feel LTX is expensive ($225.99 each at Tire Rack) but with poor tread life. Haven't seen anybody posting his/her experience of using Falken ZIEX CT60. People here like Continental CrossContact LX25 ($194.99 each at Tire Rack and manufacture $70 Visa Prepaid Card by 8/31/2020) and General AltiMAX RT43 ($155.99 each at Tire Rack) both rated number 1 on Tire Rack's Tire Ratings Charts for size 225/55R19 in different category, and both are better choice on performance and cost for size 225/55R19 IMO.

225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

Here are a couple of Tire Ratings Charts on size 225/55R19 from Tire Rack:

Tire Category: Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season
Tire Ratings Charts_Crossover SUV Touring All-Season 225-55R19.jpg

Tire Category: Grand Touring All-Season
Tire Ratings Charts_Grand Touring All-Season 225-55R19.jpg

Last edited:
My mom has the Michelin Defenders on her avalanche. They are a great tire and hold up really well in Colorado winters but honestly, when doing my research early on for tires back in '17 I found that the Yokohama YK-HTX at $143 a tire was the best for my Colorado driving. I'm now in California full time, and I have had them on my cx-5 for a good 3 1/2 years now and still have plenty of tread. I also have done 3 round trips from CO to CA since getting them. They have a warranty of 70K miles and gave me same if not a little better gas mileage than the factory tires. I did my searching around the Defenders because my mom had hers for so long it got me thinking if I had anything comparable to fit mine and that is what I found. They are all season and touring tires, hands down great tires overall. Drive ability/ handling are amazing and road noise is minimum.

Given the size you are looking at getting, going against the Defenders and mine. The best comparable to what you want to run against ours is Yokohama Geolandar CV G058. 65k miles, $192 a tire. IF you could get your hands on the Yokohama YK740 GTX those are gold. I am getting those next.

But Michelin Defender LTX M/S doesn’t have size 225/55R19 which the OP is looking for.

Huh. I guess I missed the tire size needed. The OP has a 2016 Cx-5 like mine and I have the Defender LTX M/S, so I assumed he’d be able to get them too.

I’ll take your word that the tire doesn’t come in the size requested. That’s too bad, because they are great tires on my CX5.

Huh. I guess I missed the tire size needed. The OP has a 2016 Cx-5 like mine and I have the Defender LTX M/S, so I assumed he’d be able to get them too.

I’ll take your word that the tire doesn’t come in the size requested. That’s too bad, because they are great tires on my CX5.
I bet your Michelin Defender LTX M/S is 235/55R19. I don’t suggest to get anything wider than factory recommended 225, as I can see my factory 225/55R19’s have created some rubbing marks on the front structs while rotating my tires, not to mention the speedometer and odometer will be off a bit.

Back