Miata Torsen LSD?

magnumP5

:
'86 RX-7 Base, '79 RX-7 GS
So after realizing I can't drop the torsen LSD from a FD into my 89 GXL I did some searching and it would appear there is a direct swap for a torsen unit out of a Miata into the N/A RX-7 rear end. I assume some of you know what year Miatas had this LSD? Any idea where I could find one, prices?

you can try miata.net. Pretty much any 1.8 (1994 > 2004 IIRC) had the option for a Torsen. Depends on if you're buying the diff + carrier, or just the diff. Probably looking at $400-500 though, they're pretty sought after.

if you use car-part you can locate a yard with a limited slip diff, ask them for the vin and call the dealer to confirm.

you can try miata.net. Pretty much any 1.8 (1994 > 2004 IIRC) had the option for a Torsen. Depends on if you're buying the diff + carrier, or just the diff. Probably looking at $400-500 though, they're pretty sought after.
Just looking for the diff. Just swap ring gears and it should drop right on in. I looked on eBay and most were $400 with the rear end. Boo, I really thought it would be easier...
if you use car-part you can locate a yard with a limited slip diff, ask them for the vin and call the dealer to confirm.
I'll have to check that out.

i believe that axles need to be shorted for the lsd. I am not shure if it is just the stub axle or what, but just something you might want to look into.

i believe that axles need to be shorted for the lsd. I am not shure if it is just the stub axle or what, but just something you might want to look into.
All I know is for the S5, but what I have heard is the LSD will work just fine with the stock stub shafts and axles as long as they're from a nonturbo, non-LSD rear end (ie, will not work on TurboII or GTUs). I'm not so sure about S4's as several models has LSD's.

Back