Miata Pics...

You can cut the valve cover with a bandsaw. Polishing takes approximately 1 decade to accomplish :)

Keith

Great looking miata Darin.....take a look at mine on my website. Are you guys talking about the miata.net forum? Very well run but I also think the participants are on the average, a little older than this forum. The most informative place I know if I ever have any questions about my miata.

mctoone said:
Great looking miata Darin.....take a look at mine on my website. Are you guys talking about the miata.net forum? Very well run but I also think the participants are on the average, a little older than this forum. The most informative place I know if I ever have any questions about my miata.

(cool)

I really would like a hard top for my car.

:)

Yeh, with a hardtop you can drive the car all year round. Probably could without one where I live but it's nice to have.

Darin said:
:)

$850 + shipping from most places...
smart-ass! ;)

But the polished stainless looks amazing; I wouldn't have another colour! :D

I know! I bought my 10AE from a friend who was the first owner. He preferred the black powder-coat, so that's why my double D bar is that color. But I think the polished stainless looks the best with the polished 10AE wheels.

So I can't justify spending $850 just to change the color of the bar. :D Especially when I need new shocks. :eek:

You need new shocks already? I have the original shocks on my 1990....Maybe they need to be replaced!

How many miles are on yours?

Mazda says the Blisteins are guaranteed till 100K, which is quickly approaching. I'm at 87K right now, but 100K will come quickly as I am beginning to drive about 700 miles a week. :D

Wow...I have about 103,000 miles on my car. BUT I do not have Blisteins shocks...Just the OEM shocks that come with a 1990! I guess I would notice a difference if I replaced my shocks.

Yah...you would notice a HUGE difference.

And I would recommend the Bilsteins. People I know who have driven miatas on Tokicos, KYBs, and Bilsteins say that the best bang for the buck are the Bilsteins. Stock replacements from the dealer list at $127 each, almost 100 bux less than Tokicos. Who needs adjustable shocks? I like a really tight, firm ride. :D

I wouldn't mind a soft cushy ride! I'm built for comfort! I had MG's all my life, now I want comfort!

(lol)
I liek teh avatar :D

Are Bilsteins really better than adjustable KYBs? Hmm, $127 a pop sounds sweet too :D

A set of KYBs can be had for around $400 though :cool:

Last edited:
KpaBap said:
(lol)
I liek teh avatar :D

those are mine. :D
Are Bilsteins really better than adjustable KYBs? Hmm, $127 a pop sounds sweet too :D

A set of KYBs can be had for around $400 though :cool:
For my money I'm going with the Bilsteins again though. Shocks take too much money to replace if you realize you aren't happy with trying something different. At least to my poor ass. :D

My 10AE is equipped with the Hard Suspension (a step up from the sport suspension--I found that info from the VIN#). I had a 99 sport and a base 01 miata before as well, the Bilsteins on my 10AE feel a hellavalot harder/stabil than either of the other two. (thumb)

Lifetime Warranty?! Shoot...I've been working in autoparts for years, and something like shocks are hard to prove if they're worn out, unless they're completely crushed.
In the past 20K that I have had the vehicle for, I have seen a wane in performance. But such a thing would be very hard to get Mazda or Bilstein to replace the shocks as they do not view decreasing performance as a faulty/worn out part. That's all a warranty is.

To quote Tommy Boy: "I can take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, but then all you've bought is a guaranteed piece of crap."

(lol)

mctoone said:
KYB's would be good for me if I want comfort - right?

Good question. I'm not sure how the softest setting of the adjustables would fare against stick Mazda replacements.

I'd say if you are going to autocross occasionally, go with the KYB adjustables. If not, stick with stock replacements. :)

Back