Message from the President

Nice find!

Good to see Mr. Marumoto address Mazda's long term future plans in a world where the automotive landscape is changing quite a bit...Also nice to see the program Manager speak, does seem (at least initially) that the MX-30 is using a softer more "soothing" version of the current Mazda design language. That said, they did inject some edge with the RX-8 doors...A cool sporty touch I think...

So far, I'm happy to see they have an EV and I've got to say, the design is growing on me...I would love to see some sort of game changing performance EV, come on Mazda!

Suicide doors are cool, but only if they're real suicide doors like a Rolls Royce. I sold BMWs for a while and the mini-doors are salesproof.

They're technically "clamshell doors" but Mazda used to call them "freestyle doors". Interesting to read about the advantages/disadvantages on Wikipedia. Conventionally hinged doors are safer if hit by another vehicle, which might be a reason they are so rare. The reduced size of the mini-doors does mitigate this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_door

Back