• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Medieval Pass protege motor mount

:
03.5 YLW MSP
Installed my new medieval motorsports passenger motor mount... I'll have to mod the engine damper bracket or get a longer bolt for the motor mount to clear the damper bracket..

So far the vibrations have been dramaticly reduced with the new motor mount with the ac on(saying the engine damper isnt on). Yes I did a before and after vibration check with the damper off! Needless to say I will be getting a new front medieval motorsports motor mount shortly! BTW I had 3 solid mounts and a engine damper prior to this mount... front(AWR), rear(SU), Trans(Medieval), and now Pass (medival).

Seriously the vibrations right now with my currenty setup no damper is less then the vibrations with a full set of SU mounts on my old auto p5. Its even less then having 3 SU mounts and stock rear the P5. I don't think I even really need the damper however Im still curious if that thing will have any noticable affects on vibrations, noise, ect... that you get with any solid mount.

The only down side that I see and I am not to sure if its because I do not have my damper installed is that I do get a little more noise on de-acceleration when out of gear tell the rpms get down. This might be to the fact that I do not have my damper installed or just having all solid mounts in now.

LOL @ my grandmas pills... I changed the mount out at her house. She has shade and a level drive way! lol

Metallic36

MSP Chick :)
:
2003 Mazda6 3.0L Speed Yellow
I love my side mount.. mine is black though, but it really did help with the vibration. My stock side mount was ripped on just one side, I replaced it with this one and wow, hardly any vibration in the cabin anymore. I was about ready to switch out the AWR mounts with something a little less stiff, but by adding this side mount I didn't have to. (2thumbs) for the Medieval side mount.

:
03 Protege ES
Stealth, what tools would you recommend for the job? I know the obvious, sockets, ratchet, breaker bar, but how long of extensions do you need?

Outlawstar98

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ mE hz mOd?
:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege / 2013 BRZ
I have all of their mounts and I like them. Holding up for me.

But you only need like a 6" long extension for the side mount... But you should have all the tools if you work on a car haha. I have like 10 different sized extensions :p

:
03 Protege ES
I'm starting to build my tool collection. I'm only 19 and just started to really get interested in doing the work myself. Most of it isn't too difficult but I just want to make sure that I don't start the job and not be able to finish it.

:
03 Protege ES
Any other tips for installing the other three mounts? I know that the rear is the worst but I really don't want to spend money on getting it installed and would like to attempt doing it by myself.

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Do they still make these mounts? Asking bc I have a rust problem on the wheel well wall under the stock location. I have to cut it out and weld in new steel and I would rather have a mount that mounts in the same location as the medieval does.I have to do the front mount and tranny mount as well. Not worryin about the rear mount yet.

:
03.5 YLW MSP
Do they still make these mounts? Asking bc I have a rust problem on the wheel well wall under the stock location. I have to cut it out and weld in new steel and I would rather have a mount that mounts in the same location as the medieval does.I have to do the front mount and tranny mount as well. Not worryin about the rear mount yet.
Take it from someone who has had SU, SLS, Medieval, and AWR. My fave ones are SU or AWR. You can't go wrong with either of those.

AWR has then through speed circuit (Authorised Vendor)
+1

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Ok I'll Check them out. With the awr mount, I gotta fix the rust spot first bc of the extension on the top that connects by the wheel well. Any idea of the gauge steel used in the wheel well?