Mazda5

SpecM3 said:
You have to know (fellow americans) that the Canadian market is very different from the American. Up here small cars sell like crazy like toyota echos, they're every where. We have a big part of the urban population living in or near the downtown areas so smaller cars like I said before sell very well. I think that for the Canadian market habing the 5 and the MPV is a very calculated risk.
...and our taxes and gas prices are higher... but there's nothing wrong with driving a smaller car, its actually better.
I think ONE of the reasons n.americans drive bigger cars is because they're larger/more overweight than people in other countries.

meh.. looks alright for what is...
it's still a van.. so unless if i have 4+ kids, i'm never going to own one.

man i don't understand your tastes. i think the mazda 5 looks sweet! its a very forward futuristic design with sleek lines almost shaped like a bullet, i would probably choose that over my protege 5 if I had a family to haul around.

My only complaint is that they've used "5" already. Can we say MX5? (Or even at a different level Protege5?)

should have been the 7 and i think it looks good. im just pissed that the jdm odessey sint coming here. those pimped out jdm minivans look sweet

Roywhitep5 said:
should have been the 7 and i think it looks good. im just pissed that the jdm odessey sint coming here. those pimped out jdm minivans look sweet
Why the "7"? They already have that too. ;) I think the only number they havne't used used is "1". I can see the slogan now "The "one" choice for the family" or some such.

IMO, that ride is sweet
pretty slick, and i don't mind testing one of them out.
it is like a slimmed version of MPV

Well done mazda, keep the good work up!!!

Equinox said:
the current MPV looks pimp, it even comes stock with smoked altezzas
Hell yeah if I ever make the mistake...(WHOOPS!) I mean luck enough to get married and have kids this would be #1 over the dodge carvans... If they gave it the V8 with vvt vilm technology, User leveling Hid's from the 3 and 8, took the RX-8 rims or the 6S rims and put them on there it would be stock pimp and beat the magnum in sales. LOL even tho it was a joke speed version would prabably bring chrysler back into turboing minivans! http://www.turbominivan.com as for price of the vehicle...remember how much people spend on H2's navagator and denalis. For the record the mazda 5 isn't the ugliest....nor the quest.....look at dodge's new inline 5 sprinter (yes)

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and 9 are already being used. They shoud have carried the Atenza/Axela names over but oh well we still bought our cars so they did something right.

kcbhiw said:
My only complaint is that they've used "5" already. Can we say MX5? (Or even at a different level Protege5?)
323 - MX-3, Mazda3

626 - MX-6 - Mazda6

MX-5 - Mazda5

hehe

When I was 22 I was in a band. We traveled alot so I bought a 1990 MPV, 7 pass, 5 speed. It was great for carrying the boys and had a trailer with the gear. Took that thing to hell and back and it never failed me once. ALso, talk about going under the radar, cops never looked twice at this innocent little mini van. MPV = Mobile Party Vehicle. (guitar) (band2) (headbang)

Wait.....who gives a rats ass about a van coming to Canada?

Admins should delete this whole section of the forum.

II-Savy said:
Wait.....who gives a rats ass about a van coming to Canada?

Admins should delete this whole section of the forum.
You're very right - back on topic or thread getting locked

So it's a little bigger than say a Focus wagon but smaller than the MPV. Talk about your niche market! It'll probably go Aztec on em, 2 years and gone. :)

The styling takes time to get used to, but at least it's not another box on wheels! Thanks Mazda for not jumping on the xB/element bandwagon.

Personally i like it. Saw a pic in automobile magazine and i like the lines and all plus you get to sit another person compare to a regular car. Mazda brought in the P5 on times where no one dare to put out one (except the luxury ones) and it made a great HIT. Being a practical person myself whos driven most mazda that has four door or more ranging from jdm to US spec, i think if mazda properly handles the niche on this class would be a good seller like the P5...It may not handle as a speed but knwing mazda they like going crazy with the idea of tuning even the van.

It will sell extremely well in Canada....

Mazda's market share in Canada is considerably higher than that in the US.

Latest posts

Back