Mazda3 news from Edmunds.com...

seatown.P5

Contributor
:
'03 Midnight Blue P5
http://www.edmunds.com/news/regularnews/articles/96994/article.html

Mazda Sport Wagon Returns on 3
Date Posted 04-10-2003

The Mazda Proteg5 sport wagon will return early next year on a new platform as Mazda prepares to introduce a new version of its compact car. The new Mazda3 sedan is due out later this year; Mazda's concept MX Sportif concept from the Geneva Motor Show is said to be a strong indication of the style of the new compact, which will also share its platform with the next Ford Focus. The sport wagon variant of the 3 may not arrive in the U.S. until early 2004, though. The 2004 Mazda3 is expected to offer a 2.0-liter and a 2.3-liter four-cylinder as its engine choices.

If someone could clear this up I would appreciate it. "the Mazda protege 5 sport wagon will return early next year on a new platform" " the sport wagon variant of the 3 may not arrive until early 04."

I must misunderstand this. It seems like they are saying that the Pro5 will be produced for another year, but it will be "on a diffrent platform." Why spend the money on changing it for just one year when the next year it will be changed again for the roll out of the 3?

BigWavePro5 said:
If someone could clear this up I would appreciate it. "the Mazda protege 5 sport wagon will return early next year on a new platform" " the sport wagon variant of the 3 may not arrive until early 04."

I must misunderstand this. It seems like they are saying that the Pro5 will be produced for another year, but it will be "on a diffrent platform." Why spend the money on changing it for just one year when the next year it will be changed again for the roll out of the 3?

The Mazda3 will is on a new platform and will come in both sedan and sport wagon variants for N. America. These two Mazda3's variants will replace the Pro/Pro5. As for the bit about next year, the article says that the sedan will come first and the sport wagon won't come until early '04 calendar year.

BigWavePro5 said:

this year = '03

next year = '04

:)

Back