Mazda2 2012 Coil springs

Hello all, I hope I am posting this in the right category. I am looking for some heavy duty coil springs for my Mazda2. Does anyone have a source for those? I can buy OEM Mazda Springs, but is there a better option? Maybe Lesjofors, or Sachs? I cant find any front coil springs by these manufacturers, so I also don't know the spring rate. Help if you can. Thanks Dan

Hi Dan, when you say heavy duty are you referring to a stiffer spring rate to hold additional weight? Is there a purpose in mind as to why you may need different front coils? I think you'll be hard pressed finding a non-lowering spring that isn't pretty much the same as the OE spring.

I put Bilstein struts on the front and figured I had some options, but figured wrong. I went with OEM springs for the front, they had the highest spring rate anyway for stock height. I would have liked to put coil overs all around but that's to rich for my blood. I didn't want to lower it because of the tires/wheels I have for it. The spring choices for the rear are plentiful, and since I put a hitch on the car I will be putting stiff springs on the back(still need to research). I'll get some pics up as soon as I get a chance. Thanks mattl

Hey Dan, I take it you put the B4 OE Replacements from Bilstein up front. I know for a fact that these are engineered for OE springs so that setup should work good. As for the rear, yeah with a hitch and the extra weight that brings it will pull down the rear a bit with OE springs. What's your mileage on those rears? This may not apply to the 2 but on my Land Cruiser (230K+ mi) after replacing the OE springs with some the same height/rate I actually gained ~.75" since the old springs sagged. I don't know if this applies to a light vehicle like the 2 esp. if you don't have a ton of miles on it but something to consider.

Looking forward to seeing pics!

The car has some miles(140,000), but I am a gear head so not worried about putting an engine/tranny/clutch in it if needed since it is so clean. I put the Reese Hitch on it(most expensive), and the Tekonsha Wiring harness. Yep Bilstein B4 struts, OEM springs and upper spring seats. I went with Mevotech control arms, and links. Blasted/Rebuilt/Painted the knuckles, Calipers, slides, nuts and bolts, and cleaned up hubs. New Cross Drilled and slotted rotors, with ceramic pads(was expensive can't remember the name). Put new Timken wheel bearings, but received the wrong bearing retaining clips way to thick to fit the cleaned out groove. I'll probably belt sand them till the fit perfect. Neo-Chrome JDMSPEED lug nuts, 17x7JJ DW209A Rims with Red Rivets to install after polishing. Center caps currently say Voxx Racing, maybe they are a remake of an Enkei or Dcenti? Tires are new Lexani UHP 205/40/ZR17. I could have gone bigger, or put more money in the tires but research versus tire wear $204 for the set was a good deal. I bought the Scoche Dash kit to get rid of the intermitten radio, yet to install it or buy a display/rear cam etc. Redoing the whole rear will be have to wait for another paycheck or 2. Will get some pics soon.

Nice, seems like you know what your doing and are refreshing the car over. Was the wheel bearing replacement a while your at it repair or were they needed?

The wheel Bearing noise on the front right (drive wheel) I could hear it, but nobody else seemed to hear it. When I jacked the car up to check brakes, I couldn't feel any "shucking" when I yanked on the wheel but it rotated harder than expected. The wheel bearings were definitely due. I replaced the dust shields as well since you need the hub off anyway to replace them. Here's a pic of the same exact wheels I am putting on my "2". More pics in next day or two. Dan BTW what kind of stuff have you done with your "2"?

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 197
Good call taking care of that!

Aside from general maintenance and a few small repairs I haven't done a whole lot with my 2. I bought it as my fuel efficient commuter but now that I'm working from home I'm contemplating selling since this will become a more permanent situation. Don't get me wrong, I think it's an absolute blast to drive, cheap to own (even high mileage) and has a nice manual transmission but it's really just getting no use.

Back