Mazda to Exhibit All New Mazda CX-9 at New York International Auto Show

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring

Mazda Motor Corporation has announced that it will showcase the new Mazda CX-9 seven-passenger crossover sport-utility vehicle (SUV) at the New York International Auto Show to be held from Wednesday 12 April to Sunday 23 April 2006. As a larger sibling to the Mazda CX-7 crossover SUV, unveiled earlier this year at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the Mazda CX-9 is the second vehicle designed and engineered specifically for the North American market.

Also featured on the Mazda stand will be the new high-performance Mazda3 MPS, called Mazdaspeed3 in North America, together with newly-upgraded versions of the highly popular Mazda3 range.

Mazda will hold its press conference at the Mazda stand at 9:10 on Thursday, 13 April 2006. Press days are 12 and 13 April. The show is open to the public from 14 to 23 April 2006.

The seven-passenger Mazda CX-9 is a clean break from the traditional boxy SUVs crowding the US market. Engineered with Mazdas Soul of a Sports Car signature, Mazda CX-9 blends a sporty driving spirit with seven-passenger SUV practicality. It has a unique Mazda design and Zoom-Zoom performance; along with high levels of interior quality, space and versatility.

Mazda CX-9 is powered by a new MZI 3.5L V6 engine driven through a standard six-speed automatic transmission. Final drive is through either front- or all-wheel drive.

The Mazda CX-9 will be produced at the Ujina No. 1 Plant located near Mazdas headquarters in Hiroshima, Japan and is expected in North American showrooms in early 2007.

source:http://www.allcarnews.com/article/mazda-cx-9/

Schaweet post Mikey! I've been waiting for official news on this baby...Thanks for posting it! (2thumbs)

I like it. It looks like a Ford Edge, or something like that. I should show this to my wife.

Front kinda looks like the Lexus GS (boom07)

Rims are Lexus look alikes also....(headshake

CX-7 has more "mazda" look in it.

i think it looks better from the CX-7. cant wait to see more info on it

would a 3.5L v6 be powerful enough to pull a 7 passenger truck??? should borrow the v8 from the Explorer or something...

High Res photo.

Attachments

• 2007MazdaCX9.jpg
    2007MazdaCX9.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 423
ZoomZoomH said:
would a 3.5L v6 be powerful enough to pull a 7 passenger truck??? should borrow the v8 from the Explorer or something...
Believe it or not some people actually buy the 4 cyl Dodge Caravan, which seats 7 comfortably. :)

Anyway about the Mazda, I don't think it looks as good as the CX-7 from the photo, and it doesn't look any classier either.

ZoomZoomH said:

The CX-9 is not Explorer sized it is MDX sized. The 3.5L will have aprox. 270 HP. Should do the 1/4 in the high 15sec. range. Plenty fast for this type of vehicle.

I'll be in NY next week. I'll try to make my way to the autoshow and snap a few pics.

i am not really impressed with the design of the CX's
Maybe it will grow on me, but for now, i think it is not the prettiest thing on the road.

Back