Mazda Tire Event

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
I just received the email from Mazda about Mazda being named 2020 Best Car Brand by US News and World Report. There is also a mention in the email as to the 'Mazda Tire Event.' Does anyone know if ALL dealers have to honor this sale?

BUY 3 TIRES, GET THE 4TH FOR $1​
From performance to safety, having the right tires on your Mazda makes all the difference. So if you need new tires, right now is the perfect time to take advantage of the Mazda Tire Event. Just buy 3 tires from your local Mazda Dealer—including Bridgestone, Dunlop, Goodyear, Hankook, Kumho, Toyo and Yokohama—and you’ll get the 4th tire for just a dollar.1​

1 No coupon necessary. Excludes hazardous waste fee, tax and shop supplies, where applicable. Includes hazardous waste fee in California. Mounting and balancing additional. Offer not valid with previous charges or with other offers or specials. Offer good for OEM direct replacement, direct replacement alternative, or winter tires only. Offer has no cash value. Customer must present offer at time of write-up. Valid at participating dealers. Offer subject to change after April 30, 2020. Dealer Tire is the seller, not the manufacturer, of all products offered to dealers through the Mazda Tire Center program.©
2020 Mazda Tire Center.

Even with that 3-fer, you'll probably find better overall price at Tirerack or DicsountTireDirect. Certainly worth it to check (don't forget to include installation at the dealer and/or at your tire shop of choice).

simpletire.com has even better prices than tirerack as they offer more selection

I'm looking at the Goodyear Assurance Maxlife tires. Right now, on my dealers website, the tires are $207 each, installed price $229.50. Installation details:

Our all-in-one price includes:
  • Tires
  • Mounting, Balancing & Installation
  • Disposal Fees
  • Shop Supplies
  • 24-Month Road Hazard Coverage*
    (if applicable)
  • (Sales tax is calculated during checkout)
So I calculate that, if they honor this sale price, that my price would be $229.50 X 3 + $1 + $22.50 for installation of the fourth tire = $712 (plus taxes). The tires on most of the websites are ~$190 each, without installation. Discount tire quotes $940.30 installed. So this sale would be a good deal then, right?

"Does anyone know if ALL dealers have to honor this sale? "
I think like the McDonald's commercials you will see "at participating dealers" somewhere in the ad. With that said no dealer is gonna turn away your business.

looks like these Mazda tire events land often

2017:

2018:

not finding a 2019 dealer site.

found a 2020 $100 off deal: https://www.themazdatirecenter.com/

be sure to read the fine print often for these buy 3 get 1 tire deals often, you have to also do an alignment (looking at you Pepboys, Firestone).

Last edited:
The $100 deal doesn't apply to the Maxlife tires, I already checked that. Good point about the alignment, but I posted the only fine print there was in the email. Not to say the dealer won't have their own fine print. And I'm sure they'll try to upsell something, that's expected.

The $100 deal doesn't apply to the Maxlife tires, I already checked that. Good point about the alignment, but I posted the only fine print there was in the email. Not to say the dealer won't have their own fine print. And I'm sure they'll try to upsell something, that's expected.
Discount tire will probably match the Mazda price. They are much more convenient and dependable than my Mazda dealer.

I got the same email and clicked on the "Shop Now" link.

It took me to www.themazdatirecenter.com where there's a $100 off Online Purchase Only deal that ends tomorrow (Feb 29.) The disclaimer on that one says:
*Restrictions apply. The $100 instant rebate is valid online at themazdatirecenter.com. Offer valid through February 29, 2020. Tires must be dealer installed by March 7, 2020, to qualify. See participating Mazda dealers for complete details."

Nothing about the Buy3/Get4 dealer tire center deal that the link was embedded in.
And nowhere on the site does it give a way to find participating dealers.

Typical Mazda. Seriously.

Sometimes the prerequisite for a great deal is that you purchase from available stock, only. My advice is to research which tires are best for you, then compare pricing/installation. I find that after being a good customer at the local Discount Tire for many years, I tend to get very good pricing that is tough to beat by competitors. Almost always, the tires I want are not in stock but can be delivered within 2 days or so.

Pro Tip: IF the tires of your choice are sold by Discount tire; Get a tire quote + installation at any other retailer (online or not). Print quote out on paper ... PHYSICALLY go into a Discount tire with your printed quote.. they will beat it (like by 10% or so) it is often enough to cover sales tax.

Pro Tip: IF the tires of your choice are sold by Discount tire; Get a tire quote + installation at any other retailer (online or not). Print quote out on paper ... PHYSICALLY go into a Discount tire with your printed quote.. they will beat it (like by 10% or so) it is often enough to cover sales tax.
They'll also order them for you and do the price match. If you don't need tires immediately, that's a good option and what I've usually done.

I got the same email and clicked on the "Shop Now" link.

It took me to www.themazdatirecenter.com where there's a $100 off Online Purchase Only deal that ends tomorrow (Feb 29.) The disclaimer on that one says:

Nothing about the Buy3/Get4 dealer tire center deal that the link was embedded in.
And nowhere on the site does it give a way to find participating dealers.

Typical Mazda. Seriously.
I called my dealer and he said the sale starts on Monday. He is going to give me a call when he knows what they can offer.

I called my dealer and he said the sale starts on Monday. He is going to give me a call when he knows what they can offer.
Thanks for that.

So Mazda gave me a preview and I got snarky because the event had yet to be put on their public website. Sometimes my mouth outruns my mind. 😖 (But their website still has issues.)

I just looked at my local dealer's website. Nothing there about being a Mazda Tire Center. I'll have to ask next week when I schedule service.

The sale is live on my dealers website today.
80185DC4-177F-45E6-8E78-1EE3F778F770.png

Installed and balanced I presume. Is lifetime rotation included like at WM, Discount and other tire stores? Ed

I will be asking that question tomorrow. I've always had tire rotations and oil changes done at the dealer because it's fairly convenient for me (on my way to work and 'free loaner cars for life' since I bought from them). They'll probably (strongly) recommend an alignment and I have a coupon for 20 dollars off on that. I'll report back on the lifetime rotation.

I’m sure they probably will strongly recommend an alignment, but that doesn’t mean you need one...

I just hit 36k miles and replaced the stockers with the closeout Pirelli P7 Plus for way cheaper than anything else comparable, and with a free alignment check, the car was still in all green and it would’ve been a waste of money...

The install price of $90 is also high, I paid $52 and was out the door with an oil change too within an hour...

The buy 3, get one is always a luring tool to forget the overpriced services they provide and the upsale on unnecessary services they hope to obtain, and normally do on a majority of customers...

$489 ($100 install included) ootd tire size 255/40/20. Atlas Force UHP with 45000 mi treadwear warranty. Very satisfied with dry grip and wet grip (drove through storm in alabama) and put over 2000 miles in about 4 days.

My Mazda dealer sells tires but I really doubt they are a tire center.I know that when they aligned it after replacing subframe bushings, I had to wait while they had the alignment done "up the road".Probably at the Tire Discounters about 2 blocks up the road.Unless the dealer has tires I really want at a great price,I'd shop around.

I looked into the Mazda buy 3 get 1 free and found that for the tires where the deal was offered the final price was very competitive - plus they claim they will price match. The Mazda price per tire looks high initially, but it includes mount, balance, disposal and 24 months of road hazard. But not all tires are included. IMO the Mazda deal is a good one and my local Mazda dealer is excellent, but I already have a preferred tire shop. I'm pretty loyal to Discount Tire. I like that they sell only tires and wheels - no alignments or repair services. Their selection is good, customer service is excellent and pricing is always competitive so I don't feel I have to shop around for price. Where I live there are Discount Tire shops convenient to my house and work - so they are a first choice.

Back