Mazda reports best Sept. sales in 21 years !

Unfortunately, Mazda has only 2.55% DSR for September. Compare with Subaru at 22% and Honda/Toyota/Nissan at 9.5%/11.6%/12.6%. In fact, the whole year was pretty lackluster in terms of sales growth.

I wish more people will wake-up and start buying more Mazdas, but it seems people buy what most other people buy.

Agreed. It's amazing that for every one CX-5 sold there are three CR-Vibrators sold. Maybe that's a good thing.

Funny that now I own a CX-5 I've noticed a bunch of them on the road. I've never paid much attention to them prior.

They either had an error in their chart or the mazda2 is doing horrible! 4 in the month of September!

Its easy to see why CRV sells in the UK.

Honda make CRV here.
Bigger boot.
Most reliable SUV.
Slightly better made.
Recently a 9 speed auto introduced.

I would have bought one myself but the power units don't have enough power compared to a CX-5.
Although interestingly CX-5 residuals are higher over a 3 year term. Despite Mazda's dire reputation with diesel problems.

They either had an error in their chart or the mazda2 is doing horrible! 4 in the month of September!

No error. Mazda 2 is sold out in N. America. For 2016 it is badged and sold as a Scion and is not included in the sales figures above. Since the Scion is already selling and the 2015 Mazda 2 is essentially sold out, Mazda's September numbers (as well as YTD numbers) are better than they look. Also, this year September had one less selling day than last year which tends to negatively impact numbers by about 4%.

There is a lot that needs to be read into financial reports to make good use of them. I'm just glad to see the Skyactiv gamble is paying off (and very well at that).

I wish more people will wake-up and start buying more Mazdas, but it seems people buy what most other people buy.

Me too. However, when most people don't care about driving enjoyment, it's tough to convince them to pay more for a Mazda3 over a slightly cheaper Toyota Corolla, which also has lower interest financing available. While Toyota can get away with using a heavily revised version of the MC chassis that dates back to 1997 and a torsion beam rear suspension, Mazda can't similarly cheap out and count on inertia, nor do they get to amortize development costs across as many vehicle sales.

Often times a significant increase in production will be accompanied by a drop in assembly quality. I hope that doesn't happen to Mazda. Ed

Back