Mazda Renesis and Premacy engines

Wow, there is a blast from the past!

"Renesis" is the official name for the rotary engine series that was used in the RX-8 worldwide from 2004-2011.

"Premacy" is the official name for the "Mazda5" in other world markets.

These were both worked on as possible Hydrogen platforms as well in the mid to late 2000's, but I never heard much on the testing or success of these hydrogen platform test vehicles.

I drove an RX-8 once and I liked it. The engine was unbelievably smooth and the car felt quite fast once you got it into the higher RPMs. It literally begs you to bring it up to redline on every street. The one I drove had a muffler delete - needless to say this guys neighbour started yelling at us as I redlined it past his house, lol

I drove an RX-8 once and I liked it. The engine was unbelievably smooth and the car felt quite fast once you got it into the higher RPM’s. It literally begs you to bring it up to redline on every street. The one I drove had a muffler delete - needless to say this guys neighbour started yelling at us as I redlined it past his house, lol

Closest I got was racing one once. They stopped making rotary cars with the rx7 FD, is my opinion.

Owned an '86 RX-7 for 11 years. Purchased new, it was Motor Trend car of the year in 86. Nice car but was always begging to be redlined.

Just a bunch of minor annoyances -- drivers door lock would stick and have to be replaced. Clutch pedal pad wore out every 10k miles or so. Clock would fade in and out.
Gas pedal would refuse to move if the temp was below 20 deg until the car warmed up. Horn would only work sometimes. Kinda verifies the saying - don't buy the first year after
a major model overhaul.

Back