Mazda Protege Turbo Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that all i need or do i need a haltech or something also?

This setup will work for low boost (up to 9 or so psi), if you have a manual trans then you can use the SS AFC up to 16 psi (you'll need forged internals to get there safely), and a Haltech is only necessary if you're shooting for 16+ psi, have a built engine and a built transmission.

This setup will work for low boost (up to 9 or so psi), if you have a manual trans then you can use the SS AFC up to 16 psi (you'll need forged internals to get there safely), and a Haltech is only necessary if you're shooting for 16+ psi, have a built engine and a built transmission.

Thanks for your help, im not that good with it

Um, no...The BEGI RRFPR is not good for that boost on the Protege and that kit. Eight psi is really pushing it. Six psi is the highest Flyin' Miata would go with this set up.

That intercooler will be hard pressed to handle much more than nine psi, and the turbo will never hold together for 16.

The kit is a "Flyin' Protege" kit, originally designed by Corky Bell at BEGI. Flyin' Miata came up with the voltage clamp to help with fueling. Originally designed to handle about six or seven psi max and is crazy reliable there.

And before flamers try to tear me down, keep in mind my car is in the pictures for those instructions (blue Protege MP3) which were taken as we installed the kit on my car.

More Pictures

here are some more pictures.

Regulator and Voltage Clamp
dscn2425s.jpg

Full Parts list, and Install Manual
dscn2435r.jpg

This looks like a Fuel pump but I wasn't aware there was one in the kit, anyway its there...
dscn2426.jpg

Blow off Valve
dscn2427.jpg

Intercooler
dscn2428t.jpg

Manifold, Down-pipe, Air filter
dscn2429w.jpg

Turbo
dscn2430g.jpg

Here are some misc parts, hoses and plates...
dscn2431i.jpg

Last edited:
I also have some Forged Pauter Rods, Brand new never used still in packaging. I can make a good deal if you want it all.

dscn2436t.jpg

dscn2434.jpg

Last edited:
I already offered in that range, he said he wanted to get more. He may want to consider taking less as he doesn't seem to be able to sell it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back