Mazda Protege MP3- K04 Turbo Build

I commend you on the hard work you put into the car, but why use a ko4? Why position the turbo in that manner?

Well let's start out. K04 because I work for ECS TUNING so I got the turbo for 65 dollars brand new.

Why position it that way, because sidewinder is louder, and looks sweeter, plus more accesible.

The heat shield is on the carbon fiber hood, I will take pics later. The exhaust is full 3 inch, So it makes the car not sound like a mazda, It sounds deeper than some trucks.

Thank you everyone for liking it.

Also K04 has a pretty good flow efficiency chart that matches this 2.0L engine. I am getting quick spool, and holding efficient and constant boost.

Also there is an air filter now on the inlet of the turbo, as well as more updates made to the car. When time permits I will upload and post more pictures.

As for videos, we have a first start with and without maf sensor wired correctly. Also I have on when it's cruising. When time permits again, they will be uploaded to Youtube and a link will be provided.

So unfortunately the next night after posting this, 12 P.S.I. turned out to be too much. 2 holes in the engine block. ZOOM ZOOM BOOM. Getting another motor ASAP

So unfortunately the next night after posting this, 12 P.S.I. turned out to be too much. 2 holes in the engine block. ZOOM ZOOM BOOM. Getting another motor ASAP

welcome to the club i bent a rod on 10 psi on the stock t25 turbo

Damn that was quick. 8psi is said to be sketchy already.

If you are looking to forge let me know. =)

i thought 8 psi was normal for most people theres plenty of people runing 10 psi without being forged. if 8 psi is too much im gona have to rethink my plans...

10-12psi can be done "reliably" with a proper tune, but going forged for the important bits is the only reliable way to run boosted long-term, combined with a decent tune of course.

The car has been rebuilt and running non turbo for a few months. The turbo project is back in the works, and will be re- turbod within the next few months. Build thread is to follow with detailed instructions and pictures.

I am working on turbocharging my Mazda MP3 with a k04 and would like to know how you were able tune it? Was it with the stock ECU or a stand alone?

Back