Mazda Mobile Start App

:
2014 & 2019 CX-5 Touring(s)
Lots of posts on this around. From what I've seen, most people who have this are disappointed in the operation and wish they hadn't paid for it.

There are aftermarket kits around that apparently work much better (and that use your original remotes) and are cheaper to boot. I have the Fortin in our car and am very happy with it. Just press the lock button 3 times to start (or configure to lock-unlock-lock).

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
Yeah, I've found mixed results on the application. I have an after market. Click keyfob 3 time, but there's also a separate remote that works from inside the store.

Thanks

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
Err, OK, but if you have one, then why did you ask?
I was hoping that the phone app was a reliable option as it's easier for me to get my phone out than my key. As you've said, the review are mostly negative on the mobile start app

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
I've heard the same about the operation. Mostly that the app sucks.

Apparently DroneMobile paired with something like Fortin is better/cheaper overall.

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Yep... go to your respective app store and read the reviews. That's all you need do.

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
I also didn't realize it requires installed hardware, I thought it was already integrated with the car

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I also didn't realize it requires installed hardware, I thought it was already integrated with the car
And there’s $65 per year subscription fee for MMS too!

:
Mazda CX5 GTR
I've used the Compustar with the Drone Mobile module in my last couple of cars. It works great. I can ask Google home or Alexa to start my car. Also has a phone app. I bought my car 2 weeks ago. Best Buy has them on sale for $299 on occasion. It does have a minimal subscription cost to use the smart features. My last car was a Hyundai. I used the app to start the car but it would take minutes to start the car. The Compustar was instantaneous.