2013~2016 Mazda CX-5 Head Unit Software Update with Mazda AIO Tweaks

Hi,

I have a 2015 Mazda CX-5 in Canada here and I was looking at how to upgrade the software on the built-in head unit. I do not want to upgrade to a new head unit, I was wondering how I could modify the software using Mazda Tweaks software. How would one do it? And is my model supported? Does anyone have experience in doing this? If I could do it all myself that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Michael

I am curious about this as well, just purchased a 2015 CX-5 GT, non navi model. Can't get my iPhone to play through USB and would like to try updating the head unit's software.

Hi,

I have a 2015 Mazda CX-5 in Canada here and I was looking at how to upgrade the software on the built-in head unit. I do not want to upgrade to a new head unit, I was wondering how I could modify the software using Mazda Tweaks software. How would one do it? And is my model supported? Does anyone have experience in doing this? If I could do it all myself that would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Michael

Start here: https://mazdatweaks.com/

Then here for support and questions: https://www.mazda3revolution.com/threads/aio-all-in-one-tweaks.122458/page-399

After doing more research, I found out there's an issue with the NB1 system's ability to allow the iPhone to play through USB. See the link below, there is a Technical Service Bulletin in place for this, which is replaced under the factory warranty (which we both know we don't have):

Do you know what firmware version we have on the 15' CX-5's? There's no way for me to even check on the head unit, not anywhere in the settings.

Oh okay thanks for the great link! It's hard to find stuff on this model, I am still trying to find a way to mod my system with Mazda tweaks. Do you know what this picture means?

Attachments

• 20200122_150540.jpg
    20200122_150540.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 389
I'm just starting out with mazda tweaks so could be wrong, (just bought a 2016 cx-5) but from what I understand mazda tweaks only works on the 2016 and newer cx-5. You have to have a touch screen model with no buttons on the side (all the physical buttons are next to the cup holder in the 2016 and later). It is possible that some 2015 versions of other models had the updated radio (like the mazda 3 or something) but it only applies to the radios with the newer look / ability to run apps.

Yeah I looked up the interior pics of the various models, and the new radio style that has no physical buttons was added to the 2014 mazda 3, 2015 miata, 2016 cx-5/cx-9 / mazda 6

So looks like both of yall are out of luck.

Back