Mazda considering CX-5, a Hakaze-inspired crossover

Mazda used the Rotory in the REPU truck, so it wouldn't be a first in light trucks, this is basically a light SUV. GO MAZDA!!

they are working with the mazda 5 in japan with the hydrogen rotary! that would be so amazing if they did it with the cx-5. but would it ever make it to the US?? and yes a stick CUV would be great!

The sales manager at the dealership I go to confirmed that there is an upcoming Tribute replacement...he called it a compact crossover. He didn't have a name but we talked about it and figured it would likely be called a CX-5. No other details than that sorry.

(cool) Looking forward to see what the production version looks like and what sort of powertrain choices there will be...Will we see some sort of hyrbid or Hydrogen option??? :D

(cool) Looking forward to see what the production version looks like and what sort of powertrain choices there will be...Will we see some sort of hyrbid or Hydrogen option??? :D

IMHO-----> NO WAY (loser)

big crisis issues......oil it's going down......in my opinion we'll see a conventional car (but with the tecnologies of next 3..DI, SISS ect.....)

Down the line was my point...Obviously not in the immediate future (unless Mazda pulls a fast one on us)...Especially if the CX-5 is due in showrooms as soon as 2009 or 2010!

I'm just "fast forwarding" a bit because I'd like to see Mazda offer some sort of hybrid/alternative powertrain in the near future. I think it would be really cool if Mazda offered the CX-5 as a light & sporty mini-crossover with hybrid/alternative power...Maybe they will but most likely NOT in the near future.

It seems Mazda's main strategy for the immediate future is to make the most of existing engine technology, weight savings and gasoline power with regards to its "piston" powered models...While focusing on hybrid/alternative power for the rotary engine. At some point...They will need to offer more than just "conventional" gas engines in their "bread & butter" models like the 2, 3 and 6.

In anycase...I'm excited about the future of automobile technology and Mazda's continued involvement in the field. I'm really happy that they are still supporting and developing the rotary engine...(2thumbs)

yes...i agree...i was only joking a little bit....(bump)

but IMHO for H2 (for customer worlwide) the road it's veeeeeery long....

one of my question about the future models of Mazda it's the announced h2 car with 400 km of range, scheduled before 2012 (correct?)..

not easy to reach....

my fingers are crossed for a gasoline rotary hybrid car for customers......it's pointed on my agenda....;)

I am sure the regular renises would be able to move that thing around. That CX-5 does not look all that big. And I am sure it cant weight too much. I doubt they would put the rotary in an SUV though.

Hi

New here. I don't have a Mazda yet, but I would love to have one, especially a small crossover, given Mazda's outstanding reputation. I have tried to summarize the current situation in relation to the mysterious missing CX-5 in a blog entry at this address. Does anyone here have further information? I noted the Youtube suggestion above, and it's intriguing, MazdaMatt.
Peter

Hi

New here. I don't have a Mazda yet, but I would love to have one, especially a small crossover, given Mazda's outstanding reputation. I have tried to summarize the current situation in relation to the mysterious missing CX-5 in a blog entry at this address. Does anyone here have further information? I noted the Youtube suggestion above, and it's intriguing, MazdaMatt.
Peter

Hi, Peter...the car (cx-5 or sometimes called cx-3) was confirmed several times in the last year , free citations from executives: Mazda Europe CEO: "a special crossover version of Mazda 3", Mazda Motor CEO a few months ago was talking about "a SUV below CX-7" and so on....

the economics are bad, tough....and in Mazda, they have delayed the plans on this car.

my 2 cents...We'll see a production version in 2011...and with Next Gen SKY Engines under the hood, Maeda's video is a confirmation IMHO

Last edited:
Hi, Peter...the car (cx-5 or sometimes called cx-3) was confirmed several times in the last year , free citations from executives: Mazda Europe CEO: "a special crossover version of Mazda 3",

Aha, Mazda CX-3! Thanks MazdaMatt ;) that's another lead to follow.
Peter

Back