Mazda 5 power sliding doors

casperuk1980

:
mazda 5 sport nav
I have a uk mazda 5 sport nav with power sliding doors. when i press the door open button the rear passenger side door opens which is great. I have two kids so i would like to be able to have both doors open at the same time when i press this button. does anyone know if this is possible and who can do it for me? thanks.

I have the same model (without Nav though).

The key fob only has the nearside door button for safety reasons. I don't know of any hack, but I imagine anything in the Mazda diagnostic software would just switch operation from one side to the other. You would probably be looking at some ECU hack to enable this.

Inside the cabin there are buttons for both doors though - as you may know.

Last edited:
Majority of the members here are out of N. America and we don’t have the power sliding door option. That said, it sounds there this can be an easy fix to use one trigger to activate both doors.

It sounds like there are two independent switches on the dash for each door, correct? Take out both switches, are they the same and do they have the same number of leading wires in the back? If you take out the driver side button, can you still activate the driver side PSL with the remote?

IF both switches are the same and the driver PSL switch has an extra wire, it may be an easy fix but that’s a big IF. The BCM simply sends a single to the driver side door relay, which in turn powers the motor to drive door. If you can identify this wire, there is a high probability that you can tap into the other door's switch or relay and control both at the same time.

Last edited:
I have a uk mazda 5 sport nav with power sliding doors. when i press the door open button the rear passenger side door opens which is great. I have two kids so i would like to be able to have both doors open at the same time when i press this button. does anyone know if this is possible and who can do it for me? thanks.

If the UK manual is to believed then the car was available with the option of opening both doors separately from the buttons (which is what I would like), but one of the door open buttons was replaced with the alarm button (the one to not set the interior alarm) on cars with alarms.

The change of buttons for alarm cancel remote makes sense. I have the Sport Furano version with this button ... HOWEVER ... on two occasions when I have pressed the unlock buttons to unlock and open the left sliding door etc ... the RIGHT hand door HAS opened instead ... it has permanently baffled me as I cannot replicate it ... so either it is a signal glitch from the remote or there IS a way to do it and I simply can't fathom it ... would LOVE to solve this problem. 🤣

Back