• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Mazda 247 not remembering my login

:
N. Arizona @ 7000'
:
'19 CX-5 Reserve
Curious as to why this happens on this forum. I am a member of another forum that uses this same forum software and if I ask it to remember me it does, as do all my other sites. I am on a Win 10 machine using the latest Firefox.

I have to type my login every time I come back.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is this a Firefox thing on this forum?

Thanks for any ideas,
Jim

Antoine

Administrator
Hello Jim and apologies for the delay and inconvenience...It should remember your login...Let me look into this for you and I will respond ASAP.

In the meantime, I would check your browser settings...I would also try / test different browsers. If possible, try simple things such as shutting down your computer completely and visiting the site after everything has been completely shut down and restarted.

I don't recall many people experiencing this issue...Hmm...In any case, any additional information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ps...I wonder if you're running any Firefox extensions and could any of those be causing issues..?

Antoine

Administrator
Following up here...Not seeing any anomalies with your account...Have you had a chance to check things out on your end?

:
N. Arizona @ 7000'
:
'19 CX-5 Reserve
Hi Antoine,

Thanks for checking. I am not running any Firefox extensions (that I know of) and I even have Mazdas247 listed as OK for cookies. It's the only site I have listed there. After experiencing the issue I did that as a "maybe it would help" idea. I haven't checked out using another browser, but since Firefox is my go to browser, It's easier just to type in my credentials every time rather than opening another browser. I am using an ad blocker, but that hasn't affected my other regularly visited sites. It's not really that big of a deal, it just bugs me as a stand out among all my forums.

Jim

Antoine

Administrator
Thanks for the update, Jim...I wonder, can you clear your browser cache? Warning though, it might sign you out of everything and wipe your remembered tabs etc. That said, it might help...Please do keep me updated if possible, thanks...Hopefully we can figure this out eventually!

Ps...On a side note, I have the same issue with some sites and not others...Yet I don't have that issue with Mazdas247 (stays signed in on other browsers, haven't tried firefox).

:
N. Arizona @ 7000'
:
'19 CX-5 Reserve
I tried clearing the cache, closing Firefox and reopening. No joy. I have Firefox set to clear everything every time I shut down, but it still remembers my other site's credentials. Thanks for your continued help. At least you see this problem with some sites, too.

:
N. Arizona @ 7000'
:
'19 CX-5 Reserve
So, obviously, the problem lies with my home computer, Firefox or both. I just opened Mazdas247 on my work laptop using Chrome and it remembered my credentials. I'll try Chrome at home. My bet is that it's a FireFox thing, but I still don't see this issue with the other 6-7 forums that I visit regularly. Anyway, this is a non-problem, so don't waste any more time on the Antoine.

Thanks!

Antoine

Administrator
So, obviously, the problem lies with my home computer, Firefox or both. I just opened Mazdas247 on my work laptop using Chrome and it remembered my credentials. I'll try Chrome at home. My bet is that it's a FireFox thing, but I still don't see this issue with the other 6-7 forums that I visit regularly. Anyway, this is a non-problem, so don't waste any more time on the Antoine.

Thanks!
Thanks for the continued updates, Jim! Good to know though as others may encounter the same issue...

:
2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed
I'm also using Windows 10 but with Edge browser - no login memory issues at all.

Weekly Poll: Interested in the MX-30?

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I want an Electric CX-3, 30, 5, 8 or 9

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I want an Electric Mazda2, 3, 6 or Miata

Votes: 1 5.0%