Mazda 2020 US Sales

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
I'm kind of surprised, but Mazda sold more vehicles in 2020 than 2019. Best December on record!
Mazda-Sales-Results-Dec-20.jpg

Nice and impressive! (y) Thanks for the share! Perhaps more people are becoming aware of how Mazdas are just getting better and better...Maybe the recent Consumer Reports ranking helped?

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. And it looks like they sold more Mazda 3's in December 2020 than in December 2019. And if you add up the CX-30 and the Mazda 3, that combo outsold the Mazda 3 alone in 2019.

This pandemic could have destroyed a company like Mazda but they did well.

I am surprised Mazda is releasing the new gen of CX-3 in the US for 2021. I kept thinking CX-30 will replace CX-3 and was affirmed by the sales number difference of CX-3 between 2019 and 2020, and the CX-30 sale increase of 5 fold for Dec. 2020 comparing to Dec. 2019.

Yea, I don't think the CX 3 is long for this world.

Agreed on the CX-3. Don't get me wrong, it is a great looking vehicle but sales of the CX-30 are really going to hurt it.

We had a CX-3 for a rental and while we loved the feel and drive of it, classic Mazda, it was just too small for our primary vehicle.

I am surprised Mazda is releasing the new gen of CX-3 in the US for 2021. I kept thinking CX-30 will replace CX-3 and was affirmed by the sales number difference of CX-3 between 2019 and 2020, and the CX-30 sale increase of 5 fold for Dec. 2020 comparing to Dec. 2019.
I don't follow CX-3 developments very closely, but I'm not seeing anything saying the 2021 is a new-gen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to be a carryover with only minor content changes.

Yea, I don't think the CX 3 is long for this world.
Not sure about the rest of the world, but the numbers do seem to indicate it's a "dead car rolling"™ in the USA. Doubtful it'll do any better in '21 up against its own CX-30 sibling.

Perhaps worldwide sales are strong enough to make stateside sales figures a non-factor in its continuation. But, frankly, I think it works against Mazda's re-imagining of itself as a premium brand, especially here in the US.

Back