Mazda 2020 CX-5 Touring side mirror inquiry?

Hi everyone, I just leased a 2020 CX-5 touring with with extra package(bose speakers, automatic rear door) and I'm wondering if anyone can help enlighten me about if the side mirrors are automatic or not? I'd like to have them be automatic because I live in NYC and street parking isn't the safest for side mirrors.

The manual shows the usual options that I've seen in numerous other posts regarding Mazda and side view mirrors. When I try to manually push them in myself they don't budge and I've tried the unlocking procedure that I've seen has worked for some people and also not worked for some people<press engine button twice, no gas, make sure windows are unlocked, press and hold down passenger and both rear windows for 5 seconds> but it hasn't worked for me.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

If you have the auto-folding power mirrors, there should be a switch on the door panel for the power-folding function (should be the same area where the window controls and door locks are).

My car does not have auto-folding mirrors, so when I want to fold them in, I do it manually. It takes a bit of force, but they do fold in. Sidenote: Do NOT fold your mirrors in and out by hand if you have power folding mirrors.

That's thing, I don't know if I do or don't have power mirrors. I can't seem to find anywhere I look online and the owners manuals shows both options of manual and power.

My driver door panel only has the knob that has 10pm control of left side mirror, 12:00 side mirror lock and 2pm control of right side mirror.

Would I be correct in assuming that since my car only has the knob that the side mirrors are manual? If that is the case and I do have to push the mirrors myself manually, it seems like a lot of pressure to use because I've tried a couple times with using adequate pressure and they haven't budged. I'm actually afraid I'll break it if I push much harder.

If it has power folding mirrors, you turn the knob right past 2pm to 6pm. If you can't turn it past the right mirror position, you don't have power fold mirrors

That's thing, I don't know if I do or don't have power mirrors. I can't seem to find anywhere I look online and the owners manuals shows both options of manual and power.

My driver door panel only has the knob that has 10pm control of left side mirror, 12:00 side mirror lock and 2pm control of right side mirror.

Would I be correct in assuming that since my car only has the knob that the side mirrors are manual? If that is the case and I do have to push the mirrors myself manually, it seems like a lot of pressure to use because I've tried a couple times with using adequate pressure and they haven't budged. I'm actually afraid I'll break it if I push much harder.

That's what I meant. If the switch has the power folding options, then you have power folding mirrors.

You can take it to your dealer and have them show you it can be done if you're that worried. The non-power folding mirrors do fold in/out manually, and like I said, it requires a bit of elbow grease.

If it has power folding mirrors, you turn the knob right past 2pm to 6pm. If you can't turn it past the right mirror position, you don't have power fold mirrors
That's correct, turn the mirror adustment knob clockwise 180 degrees. If you have folding mirrors they will fold inward.

Thank you all for the replies. I'll check on the knob turning later on today when I get in the car. I appreciate all the help

Just as a side note, you have to have the power on for the mirrors to fold. If you just get in the car and twist the knob, nothing will happen.

Just did a check and yeah, side mirrors are definitely manual. I also figured out that in order to get them to fold in you have to "lift" them up a bit while pushing in.
Again, thank you to everyone who assisted. I really appreciate it.

Hi everyone, I just leased a 2020 CX-5 touring with with extra package(bose speakers, automatic rear door) and I'm wondering if anyone can help enlighten me about if the side mirrors are automatic or not?
A CX-5 Touring won’t have power folding mirrors. Power folding mirrors are only available on higher trim models such as GT-R and Signature.

And the power folding mirror switch should look like this: (picture taken from a gen-1 CX-5)
4EA8A7D1-F42B-4824-8DE7-F0F00C3481DD.jpeg

Exactly.
Lowest trim with power folding mirrors for 2020 is the GT but only with Premium pkg addon.
And of course the GTR and Signature where it is standard.

The 2020 Touring with Preferred Package does not include power folding mirrors. My Audi A4 has them, and I think I've used that feature maybe only twice in the nearly three years I've owned it.

Back