Mazda 2 wins American Road Race of Champions at Road Atlanta

davesm72

:
2011 Mazda 2
Voytek Burdzy, driving the Advanced Autosports Mazda 2 (The Allien), won the American Road Race of Champions (ARRC) B-Spec race at Road Atlanta.

The Allien has been a very popular car around the paddock. Lots of people are interested in the upcoming B-spec series. Several Spec Miata drivers took her for a spin around the paddock this evening.

The ARRC is known as the SCCA national championship race for the regional racing series. For the first time, B-Spec has been approved as a competitive class. The car is based off of a 2011 sport model Mazda 2 and features a custom roll cage designed and installed by Advanced Autopsorts, Sabelt race seat and Toyo RA1 tires.

With over 800 miles of race use, The Allien has only needed a set of front brake pads. Otherwise no repairs have been needed.

Burdzy also finished 7th in the Spec Miata race and 4th in Fridays Pro-i.t. race. Fellow Advanced Autosports driver, Daniel Bender finsihed 5th in Pro-i.t. Bender and Burdzy will team up in Sundays 3 hour enduro.

I have been lazy in getting pix of The Allien posted. But will get lots of pix posted when I return next week to www.mz2speed.com

Dave

hopefully the more 2s win big races, the more the aftermarket will pay attention to us

Nice--congrats!!

Curious: what did the Miata drivers have to say about the 2 after driving it?

Post up some pictures of the racing action. +1 on the feedback from the miata guys.

-Derrick

Dave,

Awesome! Good work. Please make sure that you keep MNAO informed of your progress with the Mazda2. IMO you should ask them to make sure that they include it as part of their displays at the NY and Chicago Auto-Shows with racing video/pics in the back-ground. This will sell cars! A real racing cars has lots of cred when parked next to their "Models". Yours is the real thing! After that, use your spare time to start building inventory of aftermarket go-fast parts for us wannabees!

Thanks again Dave for joining our forum and for keeping us updated.\

Besides, if Mazda flops with the ND, the M2 might be the bulk of your business for the next 5 years alongside the NAs and NBs.

Cheers!

I am still not home. Spent a couple extra days in atlanta doing some r and r.

I will get more in depth when I get home. Voytek really ennoyed the car. Said it is more fun through the twisty parts than th spec miata. And it actually got to 105mlh going down the hill tl turn 10.

We have llts oc pix. But those have wait unt next week.

I have lots of ideas for performance parts. Now that we are done racing untill january, I will have time to get things built

Back