Mazda 2 DE engine mount replacement

cc75

:
Mazda 2 DE
Replacing the Rhs top hydraulic engine mount in my nieces Mazda 2 as its flogged. Got a replacement and put it in and read the manual after . It says not to remove the mount bolt that fastens the engine bracket to the top of the mount !!!!

Can I install the bolt without stuffing the new mount what torque spec etc ?

Also the engine mount bracket is elongated as the picture shows . Is this normal ? Can I get an after market replacement bracket if so where from ? 20160502/4b93c069125a175cac25d61b11970841.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06c3cc901bf1f985165477eada79a713.jpg

Last edited:
I've got extreme vibration on my Mazda mostly when I turn it on. After a while I sense the vibration is almost gone. My mechanic said it's the mounts that have to be changed but I am not sure and if it's that. I don't want to change them if it's not necessary since they cost a bunch

Sent from my LG-D400 using Tapatalk

Mate I'm more used to fords, it could be mounts .... Is it a rough idle that settles when it's warmed up ? How many Ks has it done . When was the last time you had it serviced Ks and months ago. How old is the car and is it a 2 ? Is it using more fuel ? Mounts are a weak point with them I hear . But a rough idle could mean the throttle body needs a clean . How are you with tools ?

Mate I'm more used to fords, it could be mounts .... Is it a rough idle that settles when it's warmed up ? How many Ks has it done . When was the last time you had it serviced Ks and months ago. How old is the car and is it a 2 ? Is it using more fuel ? Mounts are a weak point with them I hear . But a rough idle could mean the throttle body needs a clean . How are you with tools ?

I think the vibration would be your engine mount probably the top hydraulic mount . I have not driven the car I'm fixing it's my nieces . Repairing it after a front end impact . I found the top hydraulic mount was stuffed excessive movement . I replaced it with one from eBay but the engine mount bracket was elongated as you can see . I drilled that out and made a collar out of mild steel pipe and fitted it in the bracket . All good now . Niece drove it and said the vibration has gone that it used to have . I've checked the other two mounts and they are fine . It looks like an issue that they do the bracket as well as its only soft alloy . That's why Mazda sell the mount with the bracket attached at around 300 dollars . Hope this helps

Anyone have the torque specs for all the bolts required to be removed?

Replacing the Rhs top hydraulic engine mount in my nieces Mazda 2 as its flogged. Got a replacement and put it in and read the manual after . It says not to remove the mount bolt that fastens the engine bracket to the top of the mount !!!!

Also the engine mount bracket is elongated as the picture shows . Is this normal ? Can I get an after market replacement bracket if so where from ? 20160502/4b93c069125a175cac25d61b11970841.jpg[/IMG]

Hi can I ask please where you bought the mount from many thanks

Hi can I ask please where you bought the mount from as I need one thanks

I replaced mine when I first bought the car, it was completely shot and caused tons of NVH.

I bought a replacement from RockAuto, it was about $50 iirc. I loosened the mount bolts with no issues as to line it up so everything went back together smoothly. Just use a block of wood and a jack under the oil pan to hold the engine up.

I replaced mine when I first bought the car, it was completely shot and caused tons of NVH.

I bought a replacement from RockAuto, it was about $50 iirc. I loosened the mount bolts with no issues as to line it up so everything went back together smoothly. Just use a block of wood and a jack under the oil pan to hold the engine up.
Hi sorry what's nhv... my car seems to make a noise at 60mph plus can find where it's coming from ..little play in mount at the top

Hi sorry what's nhv... my car seems to make a noise at 60mph plus can find where it's coming from ..little play in mount at the top

Noise, Vibration, Harshness.

I replaced the lower mount at first, but that did not solve the issue so the next likely culprit is the upper passenger mount. When I took the old one out it was completely loose and was transferring vibration through the chassis tremendously.

Also, if your noise is at certain speeds it is likely to do with the tires. Check to make sure there is no 'choppiness' in the tread and that they are balanced correctly. But it is pretty common for the passenger mount to fail prematurely, had the same thing happen on my Mazdaspeed 3.

I'm replacing the passenger side engine mount, but the replacement i bought is just the mount, not the bracket that actually mounts to the engine. The service manuals say not to loosen the bolt that connects the bracket to the mount, but will it actually cause me any issues if i do? And when mounting this bracket to the new mount, what torque?

Latest posts

Back