ND MX-5 Mark’s 2016 ND Build

bazooka joe

No words
Contributor
:
92 & 16 Meyatas
Marks 2016 ND Build

So the 2004 MSM is gone to a new home, I purchased a 2016 ND in May of 2016. Ive done a few mods both performance, appearance and convenience. I autox her with the Renegade Miata Club at the old Moore AAF, in Ayer MA.
http://renegademiata.net/autocross.html
5a103017f080499446cb150e23308fef.jpg

Im also interested in track racing and have done several SCCA track nights. If you havent take advantage of one of these, you should give it a try. Too much fun!
c5c7b471c0709e35eb8918a373564218.jpg

On to the car!
Mods completed:
Progress Springs on the stock Bilstien
JBR front and rear 3 way adjustable sway bars
JBR Rear Differential Mount. It's machined out of lightweight 6061 billet aluminum
JBR Silicone sound tube (quiets the machine noise coming from the intake)
Megan Racing strut tower bar
Mazda MX5 oil cap
JBR Oil cooler and Auto Meter temp gauge
JBR Oil catch can
JBR Spherical 680 gram black weighted shift knob
Corksport CAI
HKS Cat back exhaust
Enkei TS-10 17x8 black rims
Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec rubber
Carbon Miata grille
Shorty antenna
MX-5 Things
DRL 50% wiring harness
Air bag light overlay
Warning timer for turn signals (old person thing)
Third brake light flasher
Acrylic wind blocker
Blacked out badges (added Roadster emblem)
Cubby shelf
Added Apple Car Play

Last edited:
Nice Mark, So much for not touching the car and leaving it stock.

What's in the pipeline?

Nice Mark, So much for not touching the car and leaving it stock.

What's in the pipeline?

Thanks, like I say, just making it better! Haha
I have a oil temp gauge to install, some regular maintenance, thats it for now....looking at a tune....not ready to do that just yet.
Doing a track night at LRP June 13th...looking forward to that. Heading down to VA for motorfest too.

Have you met Mahk? This was as predictable as sunrise! (rlaugh)

(2thumbs)(rlaugh)

Thanks, like I say, just making it better! Haha
I have a oil temp gauge to install, some regular maintenance, that*s it for now....looking at a tune....not ready to do that just yet.
Doing a track night at LRP June 13th...looking forward to that. Heading down to VA for motorfest too.

Is it me or does that mean BOOST is in the future? (poke);)

(2thumbs)(rlaugh)

Is it me or does that mean BOOST is in the future? (poke);)

Not right now....Id like to do the supercharger, but the tuning doesnt seem all figured out...cats burning up and some stumbling issues....but I think Fab 9, has most of this figured out, or at least thats what Im hearing.

Couple of more appearance mods went in this week...
Cravenspeed battery tie down and their improved dip stick handle, added Moroso washer and overflow tanks, got rid of that plastic crap.

I'd probably say "that looks cool!", but, no pictures, so... :p

Marks 2016 ND Build

So I decided to add an oil temp gauge to go along with the pressure gauge. Instead of adding another pod, I went with a dual digital one from glow shift. So Ill have pressure on the top and temp below in a single unit.
Much cleaner an install as well, newer styles like this one dont require a sender unit with a oil line attached.
5d2b6c1ce08985a65490c4c9bea6c8d6.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.php
On the way home from work...

Attachments

• 50CC69ED-AC32-4436-963C-295DCC657478.jpeg
    50CC69ED-AC32-4436-963C-295DCC657478.jpeg
    722.7 KB · Views: 3,148
Last edited:
The car is looking good! I have always admired your taste in mods. Are those the smoked bumper markers from FM? I'm still hoping that they will make a set for the NC. I have Lamin-X smoked vinyl installed on mine but would prefer the nice clean look of no vinyl. But vinyl is better than amber/red. haha

Back