March sales, no surprise

The standard across many companies right now seems to be .9% APR at 60-84 months with 3 or more months deferred. Mazda is one of the most recent ones to do that, as I have seen pretty much everyone else offer that.

To be fair, the ones that are offering that 0%/84mo. deal is based on per dealer. A local ford dealer where I am is doing that right now.

All I'm seeing is delayed payment options and low or zero APR's as incentives.
As a cash buyer, are there actually deals to be had or not?
There is no mention of actual significant reductions in the purchase price. Only financing breaks.
Just wondering.

Possibly. But look at what the feds did to the interest... Zero percent.

Never hurts to just go and make a cash offer if you have your eye on one in particular. They might just want to get it off the lot.

I hear ya.
If indeed the zero finance price is the same as the cash price, then it's a no brainer.
However, it's been my experience that the financed price is always higher than the cash price.
In effect, the price difference becomes the cost of financing.
In other words, as an example, the price of the car could be $35,000 at 0% financing, or $32,000 cash.
That's usually how they make their money on financing.
Hopefully during this difficult time, the MSRP is the same now, regardless of whether you finance it or pay cash.

For April Mazda US (and other regions likely) are now offering 90 days no payment, on top of the 0.9% rate, on new sales contracts. FCA is going even further, offering 90 days no payments and 0% APR for up to 84 months. Now that's desperate.

I think I',m gonna hold off until April. I think Mazda's financing offer can improve. April sales will be flat. They need to help dealers move inventory and credit is proven to be effective and banks have slashed rates so.... I don't want a deferral I want 0% for 60 mo.

I think I',m gonna hold off until April. I think Mazda's financing offer can improve. April sales will be flat. They need to help dealers move inventory and credit is proven to be effective and banks have slashed rates so.... I don't want a deferral I want 0% for 60 mo.
Agree.
As sales are tanking, I would expect most auto makers will sweeten the pot, including Mazda.
When you are buying, just make sure you don't purchase based solely on a monthly payment.
Purchase the vehicle based on the price, and then demand the 0% for 60 months.

Back