Map Updates for Nav system

Hey gang great to be on. I would love new maps for Denso

Hey all. I have the 2007 version of the maps and would love something newer. I have a 2009 cx 7. I can burn them down with the info. My email is timjbaer@yahoo.com.

Thanks if anyone can.

Tim

EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!

NO ONE IS GOING TO SEND YOU A LINK TO A MAP UPDATE, JUST ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.

And first of all, if this is your first time here, it is just plain downright insulting to make your first post about trying to grab a free map update.

I tried uploading my nav dvd online, and then realized that at the 9 some gigabytes of size, it would literally take a full day to upload 1% of the dvd.

The reason I suspect is that for whatever reason, ISP's in general severely limit upload speeds compared to download speeds; I would suspect their reasoning is to attempt to THWART PIRACY.

I don't think someone is going to spend 100 days uploading a 9 gig DVD so that they can share it with you.

The way you should try to obtain a newer version is to find someone on here who has one, email them, and offer them a fee for backing up their library and sending you a duplicate.... just in case their car burns down and their house burns down too and they don't have another, then they can recover their backup that you have. (wink wink). The way it works is you send them money and a return address, and they burn you a library backup, again, should their car and house burn down, leaving them w/out a backup.

Last edited:
DVD Upgrade

Hi everyone!

I have a 2009 CX-7, and I think when I looked before, the Nav version was the 2007 DVD. From anyone who upgraded to the 2010-2011 version, is it worth the $200 to upgrade the map??

Another question is, does the dvd upgrade improve any of the outdated functionality and appearance of the older versions? I feel like whenever I'm in someone else's car, their factory Nav systems looks and operate much better than mine.

Thanks!
-JK

No. The map update, as the name suggests, is just for map data.
There might be some bug fixes for the loading software, but nothing visible in graphics to me.
Also, 2009+ models have higher-resol screen. The disc is different even though they might carry the
same version of map data. Watch out and be sure.

I couldn't resist jotting down a few thoughts on the subject of my own 09' nav. system by DENSO. I purchased directly from them the alledged "Updated" DVD's for my system only find that they are no where near as updated as I had hoped they would be. I have just read that the new CX 5 is equiped with a "TOMTOM" based nav. system so that shows that Mazda has finally gotten rid of the crap Denso systems for the new models!

I couldn't resist jotting down a few thoughts on the subject of my own 09' nav. system by DENSO. I purchased directly from them the alledged "Updated" DVD's for my system only find that they are no where near as updated as I had hoped they would be. I have just read that the new CX 5 is equiped with a "TOMTOM" based nav. system so that shows that Mazda has finally gotten rid of the crap Denso systems for the new models!
Good news. Denso is owned by Toyota. I wonder what Toyota is gonna do?...

My 2007 CX-9 is in dire need of storing someone's backup nav DVD, specifically GP9A 66 DZ0 H. I would, of course, be willing to pay someone a reasonable price for this honor. Could someone help out my poor, starving Mazda? PM to ldspurlin@gmail.com

Thanks! LonnieD

No. The map update, as the name suggests, is just for map data.
There might be some bug fixes for the loading software, but nothing visible in graphics to me.
Also, 2009+ models have higher-resol screen. The disc is different even though they might carry the
same version of map data. Watch out and be sure.

Wait--pre 2009 had a LOWER res screen than my '12. Oh, man. So sorry to those owners...

Why is this so god dam hard to find? You figured someone would have been kind enough to post it. I have done 100 google searches tryign the part number 2012 mapupdate and havent found crap. I am not paying 200 for a map update. I have a 2009 CX-9 GT with nav and bose and have been looking for a ISO version. Does ANYONE know where this can be downloaded for free or a VERY small price?

Thanks

As helbigtw pointed out, if you can live with an older version, you can find one on eBay.
My old disc has the 2006 map data. It is rather useless.

Just got the GP9A 66 DZ0 H DVD in the mail. Looking forward to drive and see if the difference to the 2006 v2 worth the $200...

Back