Map Update

I am updating my map right now and it is on 20% updated and it took about an hour to get to this point. This is at work and we have very fast internet. I do not understand why it is taking this long. Does anyone know why?

There's definitely something not right with the update speed.
I don't have the answer either, but I did mine last month and it took three tries, and all evening, to get it done.
I was very worried that when it crashed, It would corrupt the memory card, but thankfully it restarted and progressed OK. It just took forever.
Having said that, my little old 4.3" TomTom has lifetime updates, and it can take a few hours to do it as well.
I update it every six months, even though it doesn't get used much. It's free, so why not eh.

I'd pay a few bucks every year or two to get a DVD or something. I can deal with a few things out of date.

I would guess their server is slow. If 1hr gets you 20% it might take four more hours.

I am updating my map right now and it is on 20% updated and it took about an hour to get to this point. This is at work and we have very fast internet. I do not understand why it is taking this long. Does anyone know why?
UPDATE- After over two hours, I gave up yesterday and went home after work. This morning I tried again and it downloaded in just a couple of minutes! I think we have fiber optics so that should be expected. Mazda was just responding slow on Monday. It actually took longer, maybe five minutes, to finish updating the card. I will try it tonight to see if it works in the CX5.

Back