Made an intake

I've used cold air intakes before on my 96 Z-28. I went from 14.3@100 to 13.9@103 down the quarter mile(also added flowmaster muffler which didnt't help). I'm not sure if this intake will give simliar results. 5 horsepower in a 3000lb vehicle makes a bigger difference then 5 horsepower in a 5000lb vehicle. If this gave 15 horsepower I'd be all for it.

we better put the intake and take the cx-9 to dyno =) if guyz can find a suitable cai for cx-9 that ld be awesome... cause i really wanna do it...

Haven't been on the forums lately- sorry for the delay, been busy.

I still haven't removed the silencers. No real seat of the pants increase, but you can hear the intake now. It hasen't helped w fuel mileage either. Silencer removal will add the real aggressive sound and a few horses.

Why did I do it???
Because I cannot leave well enough alone. Look at my sig.

For those of you wanting to fabricate one, you'll have to do some cutting and buy some tubing, and even trim that. It's easy, just tedious. Since the MAF is attached to the airbox, that's what you'll need to cut off. Don't do this if you do not know what you are doing.

Short Ram and Cold air intakes do add peak HP.

My next project is the exhaust, whenever I get around to finishing up the intake.

Peace.

Hey thnx for the fast respond. We all respect wut u did. I actually wannna do the same to my cx-9 but im kinda afraid tho cause i never done sumtin like that before.. the worst part is cutting stuff and puttin them together lol... that cutting thing sounds scary =) anyway if u can make like a detailed shoppin list that would be great. ohh and a detailed how to manual xD

Back